Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title lost after import only in the first topic

Hi All,
    I have a problem not sure if its impex related or vbulletin. I imported punbb forum and the threads all look fine except when I open the thread for someones post the title of their original thread is not posted within next to the image post icon. If I create a forum through VB the title goes into the original post/first post fine. I have a pretty decent size forum and its critical to have the title posted as well. I have updated counters, repaired and optimized and to no avail.

Here is the link to the forum http://cncforums.machinetoolhelp.com...oubleshooting/
    Before you click on a topic look at the text you are clicking on. Click on it then look for the title you clicked on in the first post. Its not there.

Thanks for the help

Jamey
    Last edited by jpietrowiak; Fri 6 Feb '09, 6:44pm. Reason: add link to view

Your board is disabled.

Looking at the ImpEx code, it seems that this is not imported intentionally, probably because the import thread and import post are two different modules.

If I understand it correctly then you can run the following query to update the titles.
    Make sure to back up your database before doing this!

Code:
    UPDATE post AS post
    LEFT JOIN thread AS thread USING (threadid)
    SET post.title = thread.title
    WHERE post.parentid = 0
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Collin I was about ready to pull the few hairs left on my head out.
      I spent about 5 hours trying to export and import a csv and change it manually to no avail. Finally realized the commas within the threads were messing up my imports and exports. Did what you said and eveything worked perfectly!

There is no easy way to automatically do this then because of two tables using impex? Just curious because I wonder how many other people noticed this.

Thanks again
      Last edited by jpietrowiak; Sat 7 Feb '09, 5:25am. Reason: MIssed info in users post

Comment

Impex passwords transfered?

After using Impex to go from punbb to vbulletin. Are user passwords lost? do they have to resend them all? Had one user say they had to do this. Any way I can test it? It seems I assume for security reasons that when I open user up there is no password. If I hit save in there profile and it is blank will there password be gone?

Thanks for your input

Comment

Yes they should be imported, as the passwords are stored as a plain MD5 hash in the source.

If the users are saying that the passwords aren't working they can always reset them :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

If you save a user and the password field is blank then the password won't be reset.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X