Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost a user in impex, possible to re-assocaite his posts to a new username in mysql?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by jwocky View Post
    One of my users was totally trashed in my import and all his posts still display his name but in regular font because his user account is actually wiped out. Its no big deal, and i've created a new account for him.

But is there an easy mysql call to re-associate all those threads to his new account?
    ImpEx can only effect users that have importid's, i.e. ones that it has imported.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Glad to help.

Leave a comment:

• jwocky
    replied
    Thanks steve, you are the best!!!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To add the old posts to the new user, run this query:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE username='Old Name';

...with 'xxx' being the userid number of the new account and 'Old Name' being the user name on those posts.

After that, rebuild the thread and forum counters in that order:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters

Leave a comment:

• Lost a user in impex, possible to re-assocaite his posts to a new username in mysql?

One of my users was totally trashed in my import and all his posts still display his name but in regular font because his user account is actually wiped out. Its no big deal, and i've created a new account for him.

But is there an easy mysql call to re-associate all those threads to his new account?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X