User counts after import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User counts after import

I am having difficulty importing my old forum. It was phpBB3. After running impex, it imported 1309 users and it lists 1311 on the stats list, but when I run the forum, there are only 3 active users on the statistics. I can not view them in the member list.

Do I have to activate all those users?

How do i fix this?

email

The users are not banned, but I am not sure why they do not appear in the memberlist or as active memebrs.

Comment

Problems

Type of import (clean or merge): Clean
      Source board system and version - phpBB3.04
      Target version: VB 3.8
      Module issue occurred on: Errors on 308 users. I continued assuming it was a bot error. There were no SQL errors.

Now I get this at the bottom of my forum in the stats section:

Currently Active Users: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
      Most users ever online was 3, Today at 02:36 AM.

Threads: 3,229, Posts: 17,274, Members: 1,311, Active Members: 65
      Welcome to our newest member, ddd

There are no members outside of the admin in the memberlist

Comment

Active members is determined from this setting:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Active Members Time Cut-Off

There are two options you need to check to set whether or not members are viewable on memberlist:

1. By usergroup:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit -> Usergroup Options -> Viewable on the Memberlist -> Yes

2. By post count:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Listing & Profile Viewing -> Minimum Posts
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

did not work

That did not work. I am still showing up with no active members other than the admin and the member list is empty. I can not believe the import failed this bad. The is completely unusable.

Comment

User groups

I finally figured out one of the problems. All my users show up in the user group "REGISTERED" instead of the "Registered Users" that VB uses. Can I move these members? Is there a admin function for this?

Comment

Yes, to move your members from registered group (custom group) to registered users (vb group), all you gotta do is this.

1. Login to admincp at vbulletin
              2. Expand the users tab
              3. Click on Prune/Move users
              4. Select usergroup from where you want to move
              5. Complete the rest of the field, make the number of days "0", join date should be before the date of import
              6. Click find
              7. Move your cursor to the end of the page
              8. Click on "Move" and then select the usergroup
              9. Click on "Go"

you are done then.

Comment

That also should have been resolved by following the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks

THANKS. I finally got it to work. I do have one more question.

I edited the active members to 360 days. It still says I only have one active user. Does this only work from this day on?

Currently Active Users: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)

Comment

That info is cached and I believe it's updated once a day.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X