Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments/Avatars not importing from SMF

Hi,

I'm importing a forum into vB from SMF 2.0 Beta 4. Everything is successful except the attachments and avatars do not import. I put in the correct full paths and everything but when I run the module it fails to import all the avatars etc..

Regards,
    Eric

Originally posted by redrabbit12 View Post
    Hi,

I'm importing a forum into vB from SMF 2.0 Beta 4. Everything is successful except the attachments and avatars do not import. I put in the correct full paths and everything but when I run the module it fails to import all the avatars etc..

Regards,
    Eric
    Think it's supposed to be relative paths, not absolute ones.

Comment

The paths can be full or relative (relative to impex's root (it's index.php)).

The attachment module will give errors as to what is going on, be that the origional file isn't found or the post is missing etc.

Set the storage type for database for the avatars before the import.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hello,

I got error while converting the attachment
        Full path /home/user/public_html/attachments

The result

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL:
        UPDATE attachment
        SET
        filedata = 'Rar!\0ϐs\0\0
        \0\0\0\0\0\0\0Ñ^t E\0ÅT\0^}\0»Œ£öª/83 \0 \0\0InfinityUpdate_BModule_v1.30.exe\0°ˆÙ\\ÕQ ‰˜*úd²t݁€@bQN˜„€Hà
        @¸Y.ÁN˜Bå$$ª:#rc$¢(ˆ¸8@ƒ˜8¹‰˜¸¢¦ €[email protected]#ˆ¬Á»n+†ï•W!%ôMï•W$_Îyçí{¯<Ö½÷^Z—\\ìÞ÷Íôó|å\\ÿ\'¿àšùóî÷΋©Ê»«4ZÿÅ1˜\[email protected] ¬¸Ø @84À@\0\0‰Ð€¬—b†\\ÉÉ/HȪ˜•rˆªÉ[\0 «j5X¢H!°‘ô¸þ=‡Â˜? 0\0\"#¥à3H0„éá.ͺ}H+k(ëœ-’)‰Çîà\0?ñÊ Çý
        €#àlŠLWdNæíÏ7…8¸Òðrœ0]¯»W³vø»mâL½©›c1;
        filesize = 1660197
        WHERE attachmentid = 1

mysql error: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

mysql error number: 1153

Date: Wednesday 07th 2009f January 2009 01:20:56 PM
        Database: bestnche_demo
        MySQL error:
        Need help about this

Thanks

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X