Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem after importing..

Hi!

I am trying to import the data from a 3.6.9 board to the latest 3.7.4 board. After doing the import with impex I noticed that there are double usegroups.
    There is a usergroup called "moderators" and another called "impex - moderators". Same thing for the other usergroups.. I tried i.e. to view tha banned users but I get the message that there are no banned users. So I wonder if there is a good solution for this problem..

Thank you!

why not just use upgrade?..
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
      why not just use upgrade?..
      Cause the style's version is very old and I had to change it to a new one and after the upgrade everything got messed.. Upgrading was the first thing I did but it never worked for this particular style I had bought.

Comment

Originally posted by DiMoNd21 View Post
        Hi!

I am trying to import the data from a 3.6.9 board to the latest 3.7.4 board. After doing the import with impex I noticed that there are double usegroups.
        There is a usergroup called "moderators" and another called "impex - moderators". Same thing for the other usergroups.. I tried i.e. to view tha banned users but I get the message that there are no banned users. So I wonder if there is a good solution for this problem..

Thank you!
        ImpEx re-creates the usergroups for a vB->vB import so you can manage the users separately if you have too.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes but the point is to get the users from every "impex - usergroup" and move them to the ones without the "impex" prefix.. I cannot move the admins from "impex - administrators" to "administrators" etc.. i really do not know what I should do..

Comment

You can move the resgistered users by deleting the "ImpEx - Registered Users" group and they will be moved.

As for the others you can move them manually via SQL, using this :

Code:
            UPDATE user SET usergroupid=X WHERE usergroupid=Y
            Substituting X for the usergroupid they are in now and Y for the group you want them to be in.

i.e.

Code:
            UPDATE user SET usergroupid=6 WHERE usergroupid=12
            If 12 was the usergroupid of the "ImpEx - Administrators" to move them to the default admin usergroup (being 6).
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I will try that method. thank you very much!

Comment

Two things, take a back up of the database before running any direct SQL and second use this SQL to be safe :

Code:
                UPDATE user SET usergroupid=X WHERE usergroupid=Y AND importuserid <> 0
                That will take care of the primary usergroups as for the secondary usergroups, they will have to be reset.

Code:
                UPDATE user SET membergroupids='' WHERE importuserid <> 0
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                  You can move the resgistered users by deleting the "ImpEx - Registered Users" group and they will be moved.

As for the others you can move them manually via SQL, using this :

Code:
                  UPDATE user SET usergroupid=X WHERE usergroupid=Y
                  Substituting X for the usergroupid they are in now and Y for the group you want them to be in.

i.e.

Code:
                  UPDATE user SET usergroupid=6 WHERE usergroupid=12
                  If 12 was the usergroupid of the "ImpEx - Administrators" to move them to the default admin usergroup (being 6).

Didn't you contradict yourself in your example and the instruction where you said, "Substituting X for the usergroupid they are in now and Y for the group you want them to be in"?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X