Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinneas
    replied
    If you did a normal import, you could just remove all the custom styles and Revert the default one.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    You need to copy the entire database. You can then remove from it anything that you do not want via the AdminCP.

However, if you are insistent on pursuing this via a partial restore then you need to take it to vBulletin.org as this is not a supported method and any issues arising from this will not be supported.

Leave a comment:

• eron19
    replied
    Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
    Right, well in that case, what you need to do is backup and restore the entire database to the new database. Doing this any other way will cause problems and you certainly should not restore a partial database as every database table is cross referenced and therefore the information will not match correctly.
    Yeah.....but see....the source database has styles and stuff I dont want. I want the board to have just the default style.

What I did though was after using IMPEX I looked to see what tables had been modified..and I basically copied all those tables over.

If I do like youre saying do.......and copy the whole db.....then I would get everyones styles and all that excess stuff? There another way you could recommend, or nah?

Is there a better way? I dont seem to be having any problems so far. I registered a new user and now the users count is showing up correctly too. I did successfully make a post too. I have yet to test out the rest of the board.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Right, well in that case, what you need to do is backup and restore the entire database to the new database. Doing this any other way will cause problems and you certainly should not restore a partial database as every database table is cross referenced and therefore the information will not match correctly.

Leave a comment:

• eron19
    replied
    Lets start from the beginning...

Is this an import from vBulletin into an empty forum? If yes, why are you importing and not upgrading?
    Well yeah it is a import......the reason I didnt upgrade is b/c this is not a upgrade. Its a new forum. (yes I have a license.) See I have a adult forum.....but I want to start a new non adult forum....but I dont want to start from scratch w/the posts and users. Make sense? So I want to import the users and posts only(basically) and start this non adult board. I was importing using IMPEX....but that was scheduled to take some 36 hours....which was cool until I went thru it once and got to 2.4 million posts before my windows server restarted in the wee hours of the night while I was sleep(b/c of a stupid M$ upgrade). So I couldnt go thru that again. Needed a faster way.

Now.....the next problem I have is to fish thru 3.1M posts and take out all the adult stuff -but what I plan on doing is just hidding all the current posts until I make sure theyre PG-13. Once I do....Ill put them into the main section of the board.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    You shouldn't have done that. You are likely to have a lot of issues caused by this.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Leave a comment:

• eron19
    replied
    Worked amazingly great! Thx!!

These were the tables I copied: usertextfield
    usergroup
    userfield
    user
    forum
    thread

I have 3.1 million post and this took all of 10 minutes to do. Only thing I had to figure out was how to make the forums show up. They didnt show up immediately, but when I went into the CP and added a forum....they showed up in the CP and on the board. I have yet to figure if I run into any problems.

Of course the statistics are wrong. Says I only have 1 member, but I have 13000 so I guess Ill need to figure what table to copy for that. I didnt copy the pm table so it says I have the wrong amount of pms.....but thats all small stuff.

Thx again!!!!

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Lets start from the beginning...

Is this an import from vBulletin into an empty forum? If yes, why are you importing and not upgrading?

Leave a comment:

• eron19
    replied
    Do not do that! You need to use impex if you are importing a forum into another forum. If you want to empty a forum and just keep the users only, there is a prune threads feature in the AdminCP for this purpose then you can either rename forums or delete them through the forum manager.
    i wish i could take that advice but after spending some 24 hours importing 2.4 million of 3.1 million posts only to have my server restart.......

i gotta take the quick and easy and i hope sufficient way out. there really needs to be a command line way of doing this impex stuff. IMO.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    Do not do that! You need to use impex if you are importing a forum into another forum. If you want to empty a forum and just keep the users only, there is a prune threads feature in the AdminCP for this purpose then you can either rename forums or delete them through the forum manager.

Leave a comment:

• eron19
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    That would be almost a majority of the tables. Look for all the tables that have any of the following fields:

userid
    postid
    threadid

I may have missed one or two. As I said the data is interconnected and what you want to do is not feasible. If you insist on pursuing this anyway, you should try vbulletin.org sine this is probably going to involve a lot of modifications and custom scripting to do it right.
    oh! thx man. thx a lot. basically what im going to do is copy the db via the shell(is that what its called?); that takes 10 min. then im going to truncate all the tables i do not need

ill keep you informed on how that goes. (if i dont forget)

thx again.
    cya.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That would be almost a majority of the tables. Look for all the tables that have any of the following fields:

userid
    postid
    threadid

I may have missed one or two. As I said the data is interconnected and what you want to do is not feasible. If you insist on pursuing this anyway, you should try vbulletin.org sine this is probably going to involve a lot of modifications and custom scripting to do it right.

Leave a comment:

• eron19
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    You can't do that because the data in vB tables is shared with other vB tables.
    c'mon now steve...

i want to copy all the tables that are related.

i know all tables in the entire database are not related somehow to those tables....

but for example.....i know the users table is related to the styles table or something like that......but still if the styles table only has 1 style in it...that will be ok....cuz the site wont blow up.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can't do that because the data in vB tables is shared with other vB tables.

Leave a comment:

• eron19
    started a topic I dont want to use IMPEX...

I dont want to use IMPEX...

I just want to copy my users and posts tables from another database. Its way faster this way.

But what all tables do I need?