Importing from SMF -- Question about Admin User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from SMF -- Question about Admin User

Greetings, I'm getting close to when I'll be ready to import everything from my old SMF forum to my VB forum. What I'm worried about is the Admin user, they currently have the same usernames, both being Toups.

If I import right now, both having the same name would it just import everything from SMF and add it to my current user, would it error, would it completely replace it? Just wondering about that..

Should I make the current admin a different name, then import, then make the real user the admin afterwards?

Any feedback would be great.

If the email addresses are the same, the imported user will be merged with the existing admin. If not, then a new account will be created with 'imported_' prefixed in front of the username.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      If the email addresses are the same, the imported user will be merged with the existing admin. If not, then a new account will be created with 'imported_' prefixed in front of the username.
      Alrighty that's perfect, thanks for quick response.

Comment

Admins are actually the exception to the rule, due to assosiated admins getting deleted when the user module is re-run.

With a clean import if you associate with the default installed admin, then re-run the user module, it will remove the target admin, as they now have a importuserid.

Admins have to be merged in the admincp after the import.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X