No announcement yet.

importing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not 100% sure, but you might need to take them from the "Imported users" to the regular users group. That part was in the instructions, and after I did that, all was well with my board.

-Tom

Comment

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

This should solve those issues.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks!! how to I get rid of the Imported tag in front of their names?

Comment

Originally posted by ari7ona View Post
          Thanks!! how to I get rid of the Imported tag in front of their names?
          You have to merge them in the admncp, they will have "Imported_" because the name was a duplicate.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

OMG!!! One by One!? Please tell me there is a easier way!!

Comment

Nope. By the way this only happened because you already had members with those same names on your vB forum prior to importing.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

For a clean import there shouldn't of been users in the database, for a merge you could of merged on email.

If the name is the same and the email is different, then they are separate users as far as vBulletin is concerned.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X