Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Impex import, data being overwritten rather than imported?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Impex import, data being overwritten rather than imported?!

When doing an import of the forum data, I have associated the users, but upon completing the import and removing the import ids, we are left with incorrect post/thread data.

It appears that the merge, when associating users, is overwriting users old posts with the data we want inputted.

The scenario is that we are importing data from an older database backup of the same forum. To cut a long story short, we lost access to our server on the 15th May and had to restore a backup of the database on a new server. This backup was dated 26th Jan 08. Therefore we were missing circa 5 months worth data. We have since got access to the old server and would like to restore the data from the missing period of 5 months onto the target forum, but the above lies our problem.

Any clues or different methods we could try or what the issue might be that we are experiencing?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Unfortunately there is no officially supported way to do what you want. You cannot do a partial import.

One possibility is to delete all the data from the old db that you do not want imported. Even then I think there will be issues.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Unfortunately there is no officially supported way to do what you want. You cannot do a partial import.

One possibility is to delete all the data from the old db that you do not want imported. Even then I think there will be issues.
      Yes, we have done all of that.

We pruned away all of the data (posts/threads) except for the period that we wanted, the period that I quoted.

Comment

As I said there is likely to be issue which you have found out. I really don't have n official solution for this. I believe this is going to take some custom programming to sort out.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X