Switching Hosts, and Importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching Hosts, and Importing

Currently, we are looking to convert our IPB 2.3.1 to a vBulletin 3.7, but also, I am looking to switch hosts from one to the other, What do you think about switching hosts and doing the import, should I do it on the main site first? or should I switch everything from the host to the new host, then import everything?

bump?

Comment

Unless you want to move both databases, it would be best to do the import first, then the server move.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Oh View Post
        Currently, we are looking to convert our IPB 2.3.1 to a vBulletin 3.7, but also, I am looking to switch hosts from one to the other, What do you think about switching hosts and doing the import, should I do it on the main site first? or should I switch everything from the host to the new host, then import everything?
        You could use the new host as a test machine. So you can close the public forum, move everything on the new machine and proceed with import tests there. Once done the import you can switch the domain to the new machine. It's a good solutions since your users doesnt know the ip of the new machine so they cannot waste precious resources.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X