Why does impex assume I have phpBB2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does impex assume I have phpBB2

I'm attempting to import vBlogetin to vBlog so I uploaded impex with only implex/systems/vBlogetin, but when I click ACP > Import I get a warning messages about a missing impex/systems/phpBB2/000.php file. When I upload the complete systems folder contents, and click Import, the very first page shows me the results of the phpBB2 import. Why does it assume I want to import from phpBB2? Shouldn't the first page after clicking Import show me a selection of systems to choose from? Thanks.

--Robert
    "I'm going on a TOE Quest"
    Theory of Everything - www.toequest.com

Because you've done a phpbb2 import in the past and not finished it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      Because you've done a phpbb2 import in the past and not finished it.
      But that was almost 2 years ago and I thought it was finished. Anyway, given that my phpbb2 forum doesn't exist anymore, what's the best way to proceed?

Comment

finalize the old import

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

Comment

I've tried all the suggestions from the Impex cleanup pages but I still can't get it to forget about phpBB2. Do you have any other recommendations?

Comment

Do I need the original version of Impex, that I used two years ago when I imported from phpbb2, to finish that 2 year old import today? Although I've upgraded the forum several times since then so I guess that wouldn't work. I've now got a previously unfinished imported source test forum (v3.6.8) that I'm exporting to a previously unfinished imported destination test forum (v3.7.2) and I can't proceed until I finish that two year old import operation. I'm so lost.

Comment

I removed everything then restarted by doing the following:
              1. Creating a source and destination subdomain.
              2. Create a source and destination database.
              3. Copying my live forum directory to each subdomain.
              4. Backup and restore my live database (containing uncompleted 2 year old import from phpbb) to the source and destination database.
              5. Uninstall vblogetin from destination forum.
              6. Upgrade destination forum from 3.6.8 to 3.7.2.
              7. Install vblog into destination forum.
              8. Install ImpEx into destination forum.
              9. Run ImpEx from destination forum Admn CP by clicking Import > Import.

Then I get the following error message:
              Fatal error: Cannot redeclare print_cp_login() (previously declared in /home/arob45/public_html/dst/forum/includes/adminfunctions.php:22) in /home/arob45/public_html/dst/forum/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 222
              Can you tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks
              --Robert

Comment

I just re-did everything again and got the same darn error. Somebody, please shoot me!

Comment

This time I placed the target forum in a directory rather than a subforum and used a database with only the vblogetin tables as my source. Can't anyone help me?
                  Last edited by arob42; Tue 29th Jul '08, 5:17pm. Reason: Removed the 'I hate my life' comment

Comment

All you have to do is finalise the import by deleting the import session (and removing the importid's if you want to do another import).

The include error you have above is nothing to do with ImpEx.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

This time I uploaded Impex to my live forum, shut it down, and clicked Import > Import and got the message again...
                      Fatal error: Cannot redeclare print_cp_login() (previously declared in /home/arob45/public_html/forum/includes/adminfunctions.php:22) in /home/arob45/public_html/forum/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 229
                      Then I ran forum/impex/help.php and it gave me some cleanup options and I chose "Remove importids" and everything seemed to clean up. But I still get the above message when I attempt an import. Do you have any idea what might be causing the Fatal error? ImpEx seems to trigger it somehow because I only see it when I click Import.

I guess I'll start from scratch again, starting with a fresh download of vBulletin, ImpEx and vBlog, but I'll test the import with the cleaned up database this time. I'll post an update in a couple of hours. Thanks for helping.

Comment

I give up

I started from scratch and redid everything but got the same problem again. This time I managed to track the problem down to a hack named Threadmins, v1.1. Once I disabled that hack I no longer saw the Fatal error; however, once again, ImpEx assumes I haven't completed the phpbb2 port from two years ago as I describe in my very first post.

Originally posted by Jerry
                        All you have to do is finalise the import by deleting the import session (and removing the importid's if you want to do another import).
                        I've done this over and over again, countless times over the past two days, and it seems to succeed and yet it doesn't. I've burned up 2 vacation days from my day job working on this and my time has finally come to an end. I think it's time I just give up, drink a beer and go to bed.

--Robert

Comment

The manual way to delete the session is running this SQL :

Code:
                          DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title='ImpExSession';
                          Though you still need to remove all the import id's, so the link at the top of the impex page to remove the importid's and delete the session should be the best option.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I ran the impex delete session/ids again and it worked this time. I'm not sure what I did wrong before. Just confused I guess. Anyway, thanks for your help.

--Robert

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X