Impex Merge vb 3.6 -> vb3.7 - slow and errors on users import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex Merge vb 3.6 -> vb3.7 - slow and errors on users import

Hi, I'm testing a merge import with 2 vbulletin board.
    Target board is vb 3.7, source board is vb 3.6 with 25.000 users and 800.000 posts.

The user import module cannot import the admins profiles: it says Invalid, skipping. Failed on : :\, all others are ok.

The posts import module takes 12 hours to import all the posts.
    It there anyway to make the thing faster?

For the test import I use a dedicated machine with P4 3ghz, 2gb ram.
    Xcache is installed, in impex-config dupe_checking = false, in php.ini max_execution_time = 800, memory_limit = 400 MB.

Any suggestions?

This generally means the source data is bad. What are you attempting to do exactly?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm attempting to merge 2 vbulletin forums.
      The source data should be corrupted, I checked the tables with phpmyadmin tools.

Comment

Honestly I do not see how you could get ' Invalid, skipping' if the data was okay. How many users do not import?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Honestly I do not see how you could get ' Invalid, skipping' if the data was okay. How many users do not import?
          Successfully: 23611
          Failed: 7 (2 are the administrators)
          In: 133 min(s)

Comment

That means that there was a problem with the data of those 7 users. Unfortunately I do not know of any way to fix that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Any way to log the activity of the module in order to discover which profiles need to be fixed? At this moment I know only that 1st and 3rd user have been skipped.

Comment

No sorry. I do not know of any way to do that. Maybe when Jerry is back on Monday he will be able to answer this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No sorry. I do not know of any way to do that. Maybe when Jerry is back on Monday he will be able to answer this.
                  Ok I'll wait for him.

Comment

That means that there was a problem with the data of those 7 users. Unfortunately I do not know of any way to fix that.
                    I've found a solution for the admin accounts: I changed their emails before the import in order to avoid the automatic merge and I'll merge their account manually in a second time. Some others account were corrupted because the email fields were empty and I filled em with gargabe-mail.com.

Now I need only to fix a problem with the forum parentid. The last version of the impex seems not to import correctly the parentid of the forum item so they are imported scattered.
                    I dont know if it's a real bug or it's just a problem of mine. Should i contact Jerry privately?

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by coppermine View Post
                        Now I need only to fix a problem with the forum parentid. The last version of the impex seems not to import correctly the parentid of the forum item so they are imported scattered.
                        I dont know if it's a real bug or it's just a problem of mine. Should i contact Jerry privately?
                        Support ticket is always the best way
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X