Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Yahoo to vBulletin

Hi,

I have imported from a yahoo group to vBulletin 3.7.2 (via PGOffline). It seems successful but when you go and look a the posts / users there are some major problems.

When I look at the posts in the imported forum, the user's name is displayed, but is is not clickable and is shown as Guest when in showthread.php. If looking at forumdisplay.php, the user who last posted in a thread is clickable but will display the error: 'This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view' (URL contains ?u=0).

If I send an email to one of the imported users to reset their password all, when they click on the provided link in the email it displays a database error?

Has anyone experienced any problems like this??

Thanks,
    Leanne

There are some user accounts stored in the Yahoo access source data but usually not all.

Are 100% of the posts missing the userid or just some ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi Jerry,

It seems it is 100%, but the problem may be solved.

The data from yahoo is not clean. The email addresses in the post table all end in '>'.

In the members table any long email addresses (>22 characters or so) , have been truncated and ends with '...', so basically if vBulletin is using the email adddress data to do the match, it can't find any matches so all users when looking in threads are guests.

Will Clean up the data and do a new import and see if it works.

Thanks,
      Leanne

Comment

Ah, that would do it

As ImpEx tries to match on email.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X