Blank window after clicking "Import"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank window after clicking "Import"

I uploaded the ImpEx files and am able to see the "Import" item off of the main tool bar to the left. However...

When I click "Import --> Import", the window is blank. The "Select Source Board Format" screen never appears. (There are no error messages, so the ImpexConfig.php files should be correct.) Any ideas why the ImpEx window is blank?

Thanks,

Dan.

p.s. I re-uploaded the ImPex files. Also, the vBulletin config file should be correct because EVERYTHING else in vBulletin works fine.
    Last edited by Dan Clark; Mon 14 Jul '08, 5:38am.

Update: Things I tried

The InpEx docs are a little confusing on a couple of points.

ImpEx Target Folder - The upload target location wording is a bit fuzzy - It looks like the impex folder should be at the same level as the admincp folder. For example:

-Web Root
    -- admincp
    -- <other folders>
    -- impex

Or it could be that the ImpEx target should be UNDER the admincp folder. For example:
    -Web Root
    -- admincp
    ---- impex

I tried both. Nothing changed.

User Name and Password - It's not clear whether this is an admin user in the databases or the phpAdmin Account user name and passwords. I thought it was the latter, so I used that. Then I tried the former. Nothing changed.

Dan.

p.s., it wouldn't bother me if I was getting error messages. (After writing code for 37 years, you expect errors.) What bothers me is that nothing happens and I'm NOT getting errors.

Comment

Update: More things I tried

I RE-uploaded all the appropriate files. Still no change.

One thing I noticed is that the "cpnav_impex.xml" is in both ..\upload\impex\ AND ..\upload\includes\xml folder.

Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Clark View Post
        p.s., it wouldn't bother me if I was getting error messages. (After writing code for 37 years, you expect errors.) What bothers me is that nothing happens and I'm NOT getting errors.
        That will be the PHP set up not telling you what is going on, possibly it is logging to the error logs.

I would remove all the folders in impex/system/ that you don't need.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry,

In the third round of uploads, I removed all systems and uploaded only phpBB3.

Regarding the error logs, I can't find any error logs. Where are they?

Thanks,

Dan.

Comment

Maybe not my place but you can check your httpd.conf file for apache for your site and it will show were the access and error logs are most of the time in /var/log/httpd/

Comment

Bessler,

Thanks. I appreciate any help I can get.

We don't have SSH or Telnet access, have limited access on our Hosting server. I don't have access to the Apache. If the logs are stored in some location other than the web tree in which I have access, then I'm blind.

I'm not happy with our choice of web hosting services, but it's a done deal now and I'm trying work around it's limitations.

Regards,

Dan.

Comment

I also know when I first started doing test runs my php memory limit was at 8MB and I would get a white screen and my error logs showed a php fatal error allowed memory size exhausted. Bumped it up to 16 and that went away(went even higher to do the actual import). However if you don't have access to your php.ini file and are on shared hosting you may have to send a request to your sys-admin and get your options.

Comment

Bessler,

Thanks, I'm trying to check that out now.

Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Clark View Post
                    Jerry,

In the third round of uploads, I removed all systems and uploaded only phpBB3.

Regarding the error logs, I can't find any error logs. Where are they?

Thanks,

Dan.
                    Third round of what ? I suggested deleting things that aren't needed opposed to uploading more.

I don't know what system you are importing from so I can't explain which impex/systems/ folder to leave.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                      Third round of what ? I suggested deleting things that aren't needed opposed to uploading more.

I don't know what system you are importing from so I can't explain which impex/systems/ folder to leave.
                      As I said above, on the third try of uploading, I first removed removed ALL systems folders. Then I ONLY uploaded the phpBB3 systems folder. As I said above, I did NOT upload more.

That means I removed all files from the web server. Then I copied ONLY the necessary files. Then the ONLY Systems folder that I copied up was phpBB3 systems folder.

The import system is phpBB3.

Dan.

Comment

Then if there is only one system folder there and a blank screen you're going to have to check the PHP error logs, the whereabouts of which will all depends on your servers set up, the OS and how PHP has been installed.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Giving up on Mosso for now

Even though Mosso gets good reviews, I've had nothing but headaches with it. So, I'm giving up on Mosso for now.

I've temporarily switched to an account on 1&1 for now. I've made progress, but have a some issues. I'll post those in a different thread.

Thanks,

Dan.

Comment

I'm having the same issue and im also going to phpbb3 can some one assist.

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X