Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imported users not in database

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bessler73
    replied
    I dont know how or why it did it. The active board had 4500 re-registered users. The recovered database which was first imported into 3.7.0 using impex 1.9 then into a live version of 3.7.0. using 1.9 as well. It was doing just fine till about 51,000 users then the import screen would say importing 51000 to 51500 and keep that up till about 70,000 but the whole time the rows in the database would only go up one or two. example of some of the stuff it did. Also at the end of the user import it said imported 141,000 users and there was only 104,000 users in the database.

    RagingXXXX email [email protected] who on the old boards was known as Ultima_XXXX with the same email. It merged them.

    Also it would randomly merge two completey different users as well. This was discovered after the import when Mods went into thier forums and saw posts where the user names had been changed. The orginal post belonged to officerxxxx but the username on the post was now someone else and when you searched for the orginal username it was gone.

    Plus I don't know if this is a factor but all the other scripts ran lighting fast the user import if merge using email was checked took almost 10 hours each time. Then when I shut that off it imported all the users in 2 hours.

    I also tried the use the actual recovered UBB 6.5 database and waitied till it started to do the same thing. So we have two staffers who are taken email requests to merge users there are only 2160 users that were imported with Imported prefix so not the end of the world. No product is going to work 100% for everyone and at least we were able to get most of our forums back.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by bessler73 View Post
    turns out the script merged people who had different usernames and differnet emails. This is a big mess around 40k users were merged that were not even remotley the same. But also usernames that were different and same email also merged.

    EDIT:

    Restored from backup and turned off merge users and it imported everyone fine just have around 3k users going have to merge by hand.
    It is impossiable for ImpEx to do that, the only merge it can do is if there is the same email and it is told to do so.

    Why would you have to merge users by hand ?

    Leave a comment:


  • bessler73
    replied
    turns out the script merged people who had different usernames and differnet emails. This is a big mess around 40k users were merged that were not even remotley the same. But also usernames that were different and same email also merged.

    EDIT:

    Restored from backup and turned off merge users and it imported everyone fine just have around 3k users going have to merge by hand.
    Last edited by bessler73; Sun 13 Jul '08, 10:43am. Reason: update

    Leave a comment:


  • bessler73
    started a topic Imported users not in database

    Imported users not in database

    When our froums went down we had been planing on switching to VBulletin and so installed it and had our users rereg till we could get the data recovered.

    We had 6 UBB forums running on different installs but sharing a user table. Was able to merge them into one database and do a import into a clean install of VB 3.7.

    Now I am trying to import that into the live version where 4500+ people have already registered. I selected associate users and the script runs fine then around 50,000(of 141,000) the import page says the usual

    (replaced user names with xxxxx)
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    61.82% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx
    60.00% User -> xxxxx

    But they are not in the database nor do they show up when I do a search. And the rows in the table instead of going up by 500 increase by 1 to 4 per pass.Have tried setting different amounts per pass from 10 to the defualt 500. I have tried removing and untaring the impex folder. all my mem settings have been jacked up for this import. I dont get any sql errors either.

    EDIT:
    This is being done on a brand new Dell server with Centos that the company owns. It was setup by a professional sys-admin company. Everything on it is either up to date or the newest install of php mysql and such.

    server load while this is going on
    1.34 1.26 1.20

    settings
    PHP Max Post Size 64.00 MB
    PHP Maximum Upload Size 2.00 MB
    PHP Memory Limit 64.00 MB
    MySQL Version 5.0.22
    MySQL Packet Size 64.00 MB
    Last edited by bessler73; Sat 12 Jul '08, 1:54pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X