Lost private messages for original user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost private messages for original user

I imported from phpbb3 to the latest vbulletin.

Everything seems to have gone without a hitch except for my Admin user (Me).

This was the original user on the old forums and on the new vbulletin install.

I merged the users (The imported user was named imported_GoodOmens) with the vbulletin GoodOmens and the private messages transferred over.

However after sending my first private message they all disappeared. Under "Private Message Statistics" I can see a user has my exact private message count but clicking on "Show Users" results in "No Users Matched Your Query".

I have a feeling they got relisted under the old merged userid? Any way to change this?

I don't think any other users were impacted since there were no other duplicate user names.

Ok now all my old posts are showing up as Guest.

Comment

Did you have the PM's before the merge and were the posts assigned to the user.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
        Did you have the PM's before the merge and were the posts assigned to the user.
        I did ... I think things got messed up when I tried to sync the posts before I switched the site live.

I decided to go from scratch, name my original vbulletin Admin different from the phpbb3 Admin (And promote the phpbb3 admin as a super admin in config.php) and re-import everything.

I've go everything running just fine now. Couldn't get Avatars to port over for some reason but that is not a big deal. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Good to know

99% of the time the avatars is a full path or PHP permissions issue.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Working...
          X