Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 500 when trying import users. phpBB3 to vBulletin 3.7

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with impex. I can get through to steps 1-3 but step 4 import users, the moment I try to action this step after viewing the settings it gives me an error 500.

Then when I try to go back or click "import" again, it still gives me that error, I log-out, log back in, then i try clicking import, and still no luck, it wont give me any steps anymore.

Any ideas anyone?

Trying to go from phpBB3.0.1 GOLD to the latest vBulletin release.

Thanks,
    -Rob

500 is an internal server error, likely the server isn't capable of running (or is limited) the import at the per page limit that it was asked to, dramatically reduce the per page number of users to be imported.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I don't mean to be a newb at this, I couldn't find how to adjust this through the user guides/searching, could you point me the appropriate direction/file to edit?

Thanks for the speedy reply!

-Rob

Comment

wait, I think I just answered my own question, the only thing is trying to figure out the amount to set it to. Would I set that according to the size of the database?\

EDIT: again i'm stupid, i just did 50 per page and it worked fine. there was a lot of "failed" though.
        Last edited by g5club; Wed 11th Jun '08, 1:54pm.

Comment

As you click though the pages/modules of ImpEx it asks you how many items (users in this case) do you want to do per page at the beginning of the module where you click Continue.

Typically it's going to be 2000, though that is likely causing the server to crash (by exceeding the memory limit), I'd suggest lowering that to 200.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by g5club View Post
            EDIT: again i'm stupid, i just did 50 per page and it worked fine. there was a lot of "failed" though.
            There are a lot of default users with no email address that phpBB3 sets up for bots/spiders/crawlers etc, ImpEx fails them as they aren't valid users in the vBulletin sense.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X