Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysql error using impex for Smf migration

Hello,

I am currently testing impex for my (hopefully soon to be done) migration from Simplemachines forum to Vbulletin forum.

I encounter a mysql error when I run the thread module.

Standard info:
    • Clean install
    • Sourceboard: Simple machines 1.1.4
    • Targetboard: Vbulletin 3.7.1
    • Mysql error:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.7.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
    FROM ag_session
    WHERE sessionhash = 'ccd41d94a55a940bf7d41f671523e264'
    AND lastactivity > 1212603148
    AND idhash = '462855f5f9f5d539d512d4119d71e710';

MySQL Error : User '*****' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 30000)
    Error Number : 1226
    Request Date : Wednesday, June 4th 2008 @ 08:27:28 PM
    Error Date : Wednesday, June 4th 2008 @ 08:27:28 PM
    Script :
    Referrer :
    IP Address :
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    I already did some searching and found this is a host setting which is current set to 30k.

I already mailed a support question with this error, though before I contact my host again about this tomorrow I would like to know some background info.

My source forum has about 70.000 posts and close to 8000 threads. What should be the value to make the import of my threads(and probably posts and polls module as well) successful?

What else can you suggest to get this done successfully without changing hosts(cause that isn't really an option for me).

Thanks for the support.
    Alphagamer - The place to talk about computergames!!

With that many threads and posts I would estimate in the 200-250K range for queries, as there are the reads, the look ups and then the INSERT of the new data.

One option is to take the SMF database and restore that with a set up of vBulletin on your local machine, if you are using windows you could use :

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Then do the import there, and restore the vBulletin database on your host server and treat it as a server move.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/moving_servers
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      One option is to take the SMF database and restore that with a set up of vBulletin on your local machine, if you are using windows you could use :

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Then do the import there, and restore the vBulletin database on your host server and treat it as a server move.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/moving_servers
      I have been thinking about this as well though my experience with setting up a php test system on Windows is not that good.

Anyway, I will await the reply from my host and see if they are willing to upgrade that mysql value.

Thanks for the support so far.

Comment

If you haven't experimented with xampp before, I would suggest it, it's a whole package installer, it will install apache, PHP, MySQL and more all in one click.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

My host deactivated the max_questions on my target db for 24 hours, which is good though I now get the error for my source db as well so I hope they can switch that of for 24 hours as well.

If I can't make it work with my host I will try out Xampp(probably will try it for testing purposes anyway).

Thanks so far.

Comment

My host allowed me to test the whole weekend so I am happy.

All looks nice, though I am running into 1 more problem when trying to run the last module, the attachments.

I get this error:

Warning: is_file() [function.is-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/forum/attachments/test.zip) is not within allowed path(s):
            I can find the files in /forum/attachments so they are there.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

The folder that PHP is trying to read from when it tries to open the source attachment, isn't allowed.

Easy work around is to copy all the attachments into a tempoary folder within your vBulletin install (temp_attach/ etc).

Set up a proppert attachments/ folder in your forum root folder, then configure vBulletin to store the attachments in that folder (i.e. file system opposed to database) before the import, then run the import and give the new temp_attach/ as the source folder.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X