visitor messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor messages

I imported a phpbb3 forum to vb 3.7, everything worked fine however even though all the permissions are set correctly for all usergroups for the visitor messages, I have to go into each user profile and enable this option, is there a way to mass enable this, I checked the usergroups and is set to yes in all of them.

Thanks

I'm not sure which message you are talking about, though it will be one of these :

Admincp > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query > Automatic Query > “Yes – Receive Admin Emails"

Admincp > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query > Automatic Query > “Yes – Receive Private Messages”
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      I'm not sure which message you are talking about, though it will be one of these :

Admincp > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query > Automatic Query > “Yes – Receive Admin Emails"

Admincp > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query > Automatic Query > “Yes – Receive Private Messages”

I'm talking about when you visit a members profile you can leave a message there instead of sending a PM, unless I go to each individual member profile within the ACP and select yes for Enable Visitor Messaging the option is not available.

Comment

I do not know the query for that. Sorry.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          I do not know the query for that. Sorry.
          yeah is only happening on the imported users but all the new registrations are ok.

Comment

Run this query to enable Visitor Messages for all existing users:

UPDATE user SET options=options + 8388608 WHERE NOT(options & 8388608)

If you use a table prefix, you need to add it so that it is

PREFIXuser

where PREFIX is the table prefix you have set in config.php

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
              UPDATE user SET options=options + 8388608 WHERE NOT(options & 8388608)
              Thanks, I had need of this also tonight.
              [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

Thanks for the query Kerry-Anne, i too imported a forum and needed it.
                ciclism.ro - Everything about Romanian cycling

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X