Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBJournal import to vBlog problem with Impex

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vBJournal import to vBlog problem with Impex

    Having upgraded to vB 3.7.0 and also moving to a server using PHP 5.1.2 we need to abandon the vBJournal we had before and have just installed vBlog successfully. But I have a problem using Impex to import the old data from vBJournal.

    First I was unsure whether the target database could be the same as the source database (we are needing to just transfer data between tables within the same database) but when I entered the same database for both, all appeared to be well. So I am presuming this is not a problem.

    Running Impex module 001 appeared to be importing data without problem until just after customprofilepic I got the fatal error:
    Call to undefined method ImpExData::import_blog_category() in ..../forums/impex/systems/vBJournal/001.php on line 112

    So help please.

    Mike

  • #2
    Ensure that you are selecting the correct target system (i.e. vB Blog) on the ImpEx page where you select the source and target systems.
    I wrote ImpEx.

    Blog | Me

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for that, Jerry, I had missed vBlog system target. But now I have another query regarding the Associate Users step. The problem is that in our long running vBulletin Forum we have well over 4000 members although I believe only about 200 of them actually used the former Journal. It seems to me that the Associate Users module is going through the entire membership and not just the Journal users (I gave up after manually typing in the IDs of well over 200 users!). The annoying thing is that all the user IDs should remain exactly as they were before so I see no reason why there could not be an option for the code to simply just to leave them alone. Am I missing something? Do I really have to manually copy nearly 5000 individual IDs from one box to another?

      If I miss out the associate members step, am I right in thinking that all the journal users will appear as 'imported username' and not be linked to their vBulletin identity?

      It seems to me Impex is more geared up for importing an entire forum system rather than just one part of one to another all within the same forum.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ignore the associate user module as that is for manually forcing and editing userids (and is a legacy throwback to the vB2 importers).

        The import user module, will match and assign the vBulletin userid it itself as an import user id, as you have pointed out, they are the same.
        I wrote ImpEx.

        Blog | Me

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks again Jerry. I hadn't seen I could make the associations in the next step. The import has now been successful except for many of the blogs having backslash escapes for apostrophes, & for &, etc.

          Looking at other posts in here about similar problems I see that cleaner.php is usually given as the way to deal with this but does this apply to vBJournal to vBlogs imports? I do not see a $do for blog_text.

          Or is there a way to stop these 'escapes' being inserted in the first place during the import process? I see in another thread mention of removing 'addslashes' from one of the import modules but I cannot find this function in modules 004 and 005 for the vBlog import.

          Comment


          • #6
            Strange that the HTML chars weren’t captured.

            You're right cleaner.php doesn’t support blogs at the moment, though you can directly clean up the blogs like this :


            Code:
            UPDATE blog_text SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext,'OLD TEXT','NEW TEXT')
            i.e.

            Code:
            UPDATE blog_text SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext,'&','&')
            I wrote ImpEx.

            Blog | Me

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              Strange that the HTML chars weren’t captured.
              So sorry Jerry, but I have just found that the \' and HTML chars were in the original journals text so were not introduced by Impex after all. I thought I'd tell you in case you were worried about Impex introducing these characters. I think they had got introduced when someone else did an import into Journals a few years back. They were spotted at the time and I thought they had been cleaned up then but apparently not.

              Anyway thanks for telling me how to do the clean up which I have now done.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yay vindication

                Though good to know about, so I can clean them out all the same.
                I wrote ImpEx.

                Blog | Me

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X