Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums - phpBB 2.0.22 import

Hiya,
    I've tried searching but I can't find the answer to my question so I'm hoping one of the experts on here will be able to help me.

Basically we have a site currently setup and running using phpBB 2.0.22 as the forum software. We are moving over to VB 3.7.0.

I've already done test imports etc and everything has gone smoothly, makes a change from anything to do with phpBB lol, but the owner of the site would like to have the new site ready to rock before the import so that there is as little downtime as possible for the users.

I've done near enough everything and we have set a date to do the actual import. What I would like to do however is setup the categories and different forums, especially the usergroup permissions, before the import so that I can test them and also to save time.

What I want to know is whether creating the categories and forums, as they currently are with phpBB, will cause any problems when we import, duplication or incorrectly located posts etc? If not would I be better to manually create them or pull them in via a partial import?

Thanks for any help, advice or information.

Sy

The import will create new forums so you creating these ahead of time will just be a waste, unless you later want to do through the trouble of moving all the posts from the imported forums to their respective vB forums after the import.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve, I thought that might be the case.

Thanks for the reply,

Sy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X