Importing from Webwiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from Webwiz

I was going to be moving from Webwiz to VB and have bought and installed the software but now close to giving up!

I have installed the VB, Impex and done a backup of the old forum.

Now is the point where I am having problems! I am useless with web stuff (I am not stupid but just cannot get my head around quite a bit of it). The next stage is to restore the webwiz backup onto the same server where the Impex is.

I have tried downloading phpmyadmin, Big Dump and another and they all confuse me! I have asked 4 database experts who either tell me it cannot be done or that there is a problem doing it. Everything I have read on this forum about it makes it out to be a 2 second job!

So can anyone help me here?

Are you moving servers ?

Do you have ssh access to the source server ?

How big is the database ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes I am moving servers. Vb is set up on the new one.

I cannot get access remotely to the old db but have a backup and passwords etc. The backup is also on the new server.

Db should be fairly small. Not sure exactly but only have 300 members......

Comment

If you have the backup on the new server, then the stage is to restore that I'd think ?

What access to you have to the new server ?

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...tabase_restore
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry, yes the restore bit is next but I can't manage to do it as I cannot understand the programs I am meant to be using. I have had about 4 database people look at it and they have all said they can't do it! I may be looking at it simply but I would have thought it would be straight forward!

I have complete access to the part of the server we are on, eg passwords etc....

Comment

If you have SSH then I'm thinking it's a one line command.

Do you have SSH to the new server ?

I can't figure out by guess why the other 4 would say it's impossiable, I'd have to see it myself.

Have you contacted support here via a ticket about it ?
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I have not got a clue Jerry!

I did contact the support when I was trying to do it myself but then found I only had a backup of the old database not the restored one....

Comment

I'd ask that the support ticket your communicating to support with be assigned to me and send a link to this thread so I get the heads up and I'll see what the options are.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks Jerry will do.

I have emailed the owner of the new server about SSH....

Comment

Jerry have updated the ticket but will need to have a look through tomorrow and update a lot more as things moved on since then.

Did you mean put a link to the ticket in this thread or put a link to this thread in the ticket?

Comment

Put a link to this thread, in the ticket.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Done!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X