Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XMBForum Import failed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XMBForum Import failed

    Hi everyone,

    I recently bought vbulletin to upgrade my forum from xmbforum. I was running the Impex fine until I came to the posts import section. I received something like 20 emails with similar contents like:

    Database error in vBulletin 3.7.0:

    Invalid SQL:

    UPDATE session
    SET lastactivity = 1210979314, inforum = 0, inthread = 0, incalendar = 0, badlocation = 0
    WHERE sessionhash = 'f9c4c851f3c6806ee662e9ff74ae9d09';

    MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number : 2006
    Request Date : Saturday, May 17th 2008 @ 02:08:34 AM
    Error Date : Saturday, May 17th 2008 @ 02:08:58 AM
    Script : http://www.turbofsi.net/forum2/impex/index.php
    Referrer : http://www.turbofsi.net/forum2/impex/index.php
    IP Address : 85.96.36.23
    Username : turboadmin
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    Now when I click Import>Import in admincp, the page just opens my homepage (turbofsi.net)... I wish to restart the import progress, but I can't even view the main impex page.

  • #2
    This is a server issue. You'll need to contact your host about this. Here are the reasons for the MySQL server going away:

    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...265#post310265

    Also from the MySQL site:

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      I have my own dedicated server. Could you tell me what I should do to fix it?

      Comment


      • #4
        And after I fix the issue, how can I restart the progress?

        Edit: I changed the wait_timeout value from 20 to 7200.

        Comment


        • #5
          After I changed the set from 2000 to 500 and using 14400 for the wait_timeout, I was able to finish the import in 32mins. (Total of 50000 posts).

          One problem though. The turkish characters like ı, ğ, ş, ğ, ü, ç are imported in different characters. How can I solve this?
          I guess I need to do the import process again?

          Comment


          • #6
            I tried the import with:
            Try this. Edit impex/db_mysql.php and change this line:

            $query_id = $query_type(utf8_encode($query_string), $this->link_id);

            To this:

            $query_id = $query_type($query_string, $this->link_id);

            Then redo the import. Let me know if that works.
            Didnt work

            Comment


            • #7
              There is options in ImpExConfig for the char type and utf8 encoding, you don't have to hack the code.

              Also, ensure that the chat type of both databases is the same before the import.
              I wrote ImpEx.

              Blog | Me

              Comment

              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X