Photo Album Migration Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Album Migration Question

I am migrating a Snitz 3.4.03 forum to vB 3.7. Smooth with Impex so far.

I have a photo album mod for Snitz and 20K photos I'd like to bring over to 3.7 member albums. I have a photo data table (photo id, member id, photo name, etc.) and photos in a file structure like albums/membername/photo.jpg with a thumbnail folder in each member folder with thumbnails of the corresponding photos.

Any thoughts on how best to bring these photos to vB? Simple as scripting an insert into the appropriate vB tables?

Thanks -

I have the same question. I want to import external photo galleries, with comments, into vBulletin photo galleries for my existing vBulletin forum users. I can store the data in any suitable structure in a temporary database, to mimic whatever vBulletin can import from. (I don't expect to insert the data directly into vBulletin's database since I wouldn't know how to set certain fields, like idhash, and that might mess up the integrity of its tables.)

Can I do it this way? How do I know how to store the data so I can import it? Are there instructions or documentation?

Comment

Working...
    X