Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining 2 vb forums sites into a new one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining 2 vb forums sites into a new one...

When I import these sites, both about 30,000 users, will they stack on top of each other, equaling to 60,000 users or so, or will the 2nd 30,000 overwrite the 1st 30,000?

Thanks!

They will stack; but if there are members that are on both forums (IE: Andy with Email [email protected]), then you will have option to merge them, which would then mean you get lesser total members... numerically speaking. In reality, it's still the same
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

I used your impex for importing over a phpbb3 beta db last night, worked flawlessly, good work!

1 more question if I may so not to spam your forum, will 3.6.3 skins/styles work perfectly on 3.7.0?

Thanks!
      Last edited by thenewuser; Fri 9 May '08, 2:00am.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
        They will stack; but if there are members that are on both forums (IE: Andy with Email [email protected]), then you will have option to merge them, which would then mean you get lesser total members... numerically speaking. In reality, it's still the same
        You seem to be wrong as it has overwritten them.
        Last edited by thenewuser; Thu 8 May '08, 11:33pm.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewuser View Post
          You seem to be wrong as it has overwritten them.
          It will merge users with the same email address, only if you tell it to.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

the forum I started with had 35,000 users.

the 2nd had 25,000.

after adding the 25,000, it was at 25k, it overwrote them.

Also the threads/forums were mixed completely up, but this isn't a big deal. Odd that it imported phpbb3 beta fine but not vb3.6?

Comment

The it sounds like you didn't finalise the first import, ImpEx cannot delete data that dosen't have import ids, so you must of left them on from the first import.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X