Problem with Admin User - Default / Imported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Admin User - Default / Imported

I recently converted my forum over from phpBB using the impex tool. vBulletin created the default 'admin' username which I then merged with my original phpBB admin username. However, when logging into my admincp with the phpbb username I would get denied access.

I noticed that after logging into the admincp under 'admin' that I would be logged into the forum as 'admin' if I made a post it would show up as 'admin' posting. However, after I would login to my original phpBB username, the 'admin' post would now show as posted by my phpBB username (and stay that way).

I tried placing my phpBB admin name in the administrator usergroup, which just allowed me minimal access.

As a last try I deleted my 'admin' username thinking it would allow my phpBB username to inherit the permissions granted, however that was a bad idea. I'm now locked out of my own forum.

Help???
    I am looking to buy forums and have a budget to do it with. Please PM me if you are interested in selling.

Have a spare or unneeded vBulletin License? PM Me, I buy vBulletin Licenses.

You could of merged your admin profile with your old user profile by altering config.php the code looks like this $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '1'; Simply remove the 1. Then within your ACP select Users>Merge Users. I don't have an answer to your problem, but once you get it sorted, that will help you get your original profile on track.

Comment

Originally posted by tr!p View Post
      You could of merged your admin profile with your old user profile by altering config.php the code looks like this $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '1'; Simply remove the 1. Then within your ACP select Users>Merge Users. I don't have an answer to your problem, but once you get it sorted, that will help you get your original profile on track.
      Thanks for the post.

My config.php looked like so:
      $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '';

So I believe I had already done the steps you suggested.
      I am looking to buy forums and have a budget to do it with. Please PM me if you are interested in selling.

Have a spare or unneeded vBulletin License? PM Me, I buy vBulletin Licenses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X