No announcement yet.

Question Concerning Duplicate Admins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to download all the files from my existing board onto my pc and then delete them from the root directory on my server? If I get into trouble I can simply upload them back? This would allow a clean install of VBulletin into the root without needing a subdirectory and altering the url.

Comment

Originally posted by tr!p View Post
      Is it possible to download all the files from my existing board onto my pc and then delete them from the root directory on my server? If I get into trouble I can simply upload them back? This would allow a clean install of VBulletin into the root without needing a subdirectory and altering the url.
      That is one way of doing it, yes. Making a back up of all the phpBB files (and database just to be sure) and then uploading the vBulletin files, there are also these directories that are the same between the systems :

includes/
      images/
      install/
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

So, when you are importing, you are importing strictly from the database? It doesn't matter if the old board isn't on the server? Is there anything I should do to the new VBulletin board before I import? Besides disabling it via ACP.

Comment

So, when you are importing, you are importing strictly from the database? It doesn't matter if the old board isn't on the server?
          Yes, just the database; the only files that you'll need are the smilies and the attachments, though you can move them about and give ImpEx the new paths,

Is there anything I should do to the new VBulletin board before I import? Besides disabling it via ACP.
          Once you have it set up and installed, back up the database so if anything goes wrong during the import, you can restore it and be back to a known working configuration and set up.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            Yes, just the database; the only files that you'll need are the smilies and the attachments, though you can move them about and give ImpEx the new paths,
            The attachments aren't within the old database? ImpEx imports smilies and the attachments directly from the old board?

Comment

How do I point ImpEx to import off my pc so I'll be able to import the attachments?

Comment

How do I point ImpEx to import off my pc so I'll be able to import the attachments?
                You can't, then have to be on the server that is running ImpEx.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

File Path For Attachments

On module 010 (import attachments), I'm having issues getting the file path correct. "Full path to uploads/attachments folder where the source attachments are." I'm using a local host, the directory is called phpbb3 and I believe the attachments are within the "files" directory so isn't /localhost/phpbb3/files/ correct? Apparently not. Any suggestions?

Comment

Nope, localhost an address you give to applications to tell them what they are looking for are on the name machine.

It will be something like :

/home/www/phpbb3/files

You'll have to SSH in and run "pwd" or use a FTP client to find out.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Index.php VS Board.php

On my phpBB3 forum, which has a portal mod. The portal is index.php. My main forum page is board.php and they are both in the root directory. Does it matter to Impex if my index file has been re-named to board.php? I believe the database has been altered as well to reflect this.

Comment

No, it will look for the standard values in the database.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X