vBforum2blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBforum2blog

I have installed impex and I would like to import threads from a forum to the blogging software. The only option that I get is to use 3.6.8, but I am running 3.6.9.
    When will vBforum2blog be upgraded to support 3.6.9 or 3.7 which I will be installing sometime this week?
    I have purchased this blogging software and I am very disappointed that impex vBforum2blog does not support 3.6.9 despite it having been out for nearly 2 weeks.

Ross
    Last edited by athlon64bit; Mon 21st Apr '08, 1:53am.

It will not support vBulletin and will shortly be removed as vBulletin blog is now out and that is the supported target for blog software.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      It will not support vBulletin and will shortly be removed as vBulletin blog is now out and that is the supported target for blog software.
      I am lost,,,, I don't know what you mean?
      That program is for importing existing threads into your blog software.
      I have purchased the blog software from vbulletin jelsoft and it is installed on my vbulletin forum.
      I would like to import threads in a vb forum section reserved for "blogging", into the proper blogging software. I have seen staff including yourself Jerry advising customers on the support forum boards to use vBforum2blog. Now you are saying vBforum2blog does not convert a vb forum to blog? I am lost.
      Did you misunderstand what I wrote?
      How do I convert threads to the bloggng software. I only bought the blogging software because I was told that this was possible by the staff here several months ago. Now am I being told that I wasted my money and you cannot convert threads into blogs?
      Last edited by athlon64bit; Mon 21st Apr '08, 4:26pm.

Comment

Originally posted by athlon64bit View Post
        Did you misunderstand what I wrote?
        Yes I did.

Have you actually tried the import, it should work I just haven't updated the version number as I haven't tested it with that specific version.

Though there are no changes I know of, of the top of my head that would stop it working.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Oh ok, phew, so it is possible. Ok great.
          I did start to go through the process of doing it but I saw no option to select the individual forum that I would like to convert. It just went straight to run conversion module and I don't want to convert all forum boards to the blog. So I didn't start running the modules.
          My Target and Source are the same in the config file.
          I am not sure if I know what I am doing.

Comment

There are two options to get just one forum, either make a copy of the board and then prune out what you don't want, or import it then delete what you don't want afterwards.

I would prune the source personally.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

For Select System :: the only option I have available is Vbulletin Forum 2 Blog (3.6.8)

Then it says

Select version and product to export to ::

I want to export to vbulletin blog

So basically, my options are to export vblog to vblog.

I am lost at the first step.

Comment

Select :

Vbulletin Forum 2 Blog (3.6.8)

from the first and this from the second.

vBulletin blog 1.0
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Select :

Vbulletin Forum 2 Blog (3.6.8)

from the first and this from the second.

vBulletin blog 1.0
                  Import / Export :: vBforum2blog
                  Module Action Successful Failed Time taken
                  001 Check and update database
                  0 0 0 sec(s)
                  002 Associate Users
                  0 0 0 sec(s)
                  003 Import blog user
                  0 0 0 sec(s)
                  004 Import blog category
                  0 0 0 sec(s)
                  005 Import blog
                  0 0 0 sec(s)
                  006 Import blog text
                  0 0 0 sec(s)

Hi and thanks. I come to this screen. Where is the bit where I select which forum board that I want to import threads from? I am scared to click on start module without talking to you or some other staff member first.
                  Also is it ok to use impex version 1.88, for vbulletin 3.6.10 or have the changes, security changes made it so that we have to wait for a new version of impex?

Comment

The importer, imports a whole forums, so you either prune the source before importing it or do the import then delete what you don't want afterwards.

The current version of ImpEx is fine.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

The importer, imports a whole forums, so you either prune the source before importing it or do the import then delete what you don't want afterwards.

The current version of ImpEx is fine.
                      Hmmmm,,,,,,

Ok, so what I need to do is to back up my forum and install it onto a seperate database table? Prune it down so only the forum board with the threads that I want to import remain and then set the source for the database table in the config file and then import? Have I got that correct?
                      So I need two seperate mysql database tables to do this? Table 1 would have say the target and table 2 would be the source.
                      If this is correct, can you confirm that it is ok to have the two database tables on the same MySQL server and database (same ip address) but different seperate mysql tables.

Thanks
                      Ross

Comment

Yes you can do that, though it's ideal to have two databases so you don't have to worry about table prefixes, other wise if they are in the same database you'll have to add table prefixes to one instance.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hum, Jerry could you update this process so we can select our FORUMID instead of copying the whole forum... as this feature is completely irrelevent...

i have 45 millions posts on my forum, i could not do that... using a single FORUMID would make the job perfect... anyway i'm sure 100% of the clients for this feature are with me on that...
                          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

This is planned for the future yes.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

hum, planned, future... that remembers me of the " it will be ready when it is ready " thing...

is it for a close update of the impex, or for 4.0 ?!... so i can evaluate if things are possible
                              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X