Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    You could install phpBB2, create a forum and a thread and then get them all in there some how ?

Leave a comment:

• srdjevic
    replied
    Thank you for your response!
    I'm afraid I expected that kind of response.... :-(

Does anyone know what's the simplest forum software I can use to convert to it's format first? Or any software that will let me import the data in some other form (xml?) in order to create threads in forum first....

But I guess I'll have to end up writing queries to push them in manually. (That should work, right?)

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    The wordpress support is to go from wordpress to vBulletin Blog, not the forum product, hence why that import won't work.

I would look at ways of getting the data into a forum structure like phpBB2 then importing that if you want to get it into a vBulletin forum.

Leave a comment:

• srdjevic
    started a topic Converting Wordpress blog into forum threads

Converting Wordpress blog into forum threads

I have a somewhat custom task here... A portion of Wordpress installation (one category only) has to be converted into a forum (not forum's blog) cuz that portion of the site is splitting off since it grew too big.

The idea is to have a blog post turn into thread, while it's comments should be replying posts.

(a bit of introduction: category has 5 posts, and only one of them has over 900 comments. the point is to move that into a forum, then categorize it and split into a bunch of threads)

So I bought vBulletin (without blog option, no need for it), was happy to find out that Wordpress is supported by ImpEx, and ran a test on local copy...

Although I selected source as Wordpress and target as vBulletin (and not vBlog or whatever that other one is), I got the following message:

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: DESCRIBE forum_blog importblogid
    mysql error: Table 'lutrija_www.forum_blog' doesn't exist
    mysql error number: 1146
    Date: Sunday 13th 2008f April 2008 04:14:02 PM
    Database: lutrija_www
    MySQL error:
    Now I can't even do a cleanup & restart cuz even those are trying to run this query... :-(

I'd say this action attempted to move them into blog afterall, which doesn't exists. So now I guess I have another, additional question too: how to reset this thing... I can't even access importer at all... :-(

Did anyone ever have a need to do this type of task? Any suggestion would be great, at least in what direction to go and how can this teoretically be achieved. I gotta do this, even if I had to write a custom script, so any help would be much appreciated... :-(
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X