No announcement yet.

a few issues after import i just did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sorry. If you need private support please use the support ticket system. Thank you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i have a ticket going already, can you please check it and verify me with sales, since you are familiar with me and my purchase history..if you remember

Comment

steve, i only need to worry about the DB mods and removing those right? i dont have to manually edit the files to remove the mods do i?

Comment

i dont know, but when i click some of the usernames, including my own, on the older forum, and i goto the profile, i get:

This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.

why am i getting this error?

Comment

That means there is no users register with that name. What do you mean 'older forum'. The info in the thread is very confusing. It might be best to start at the beginning.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoTTi View Post
              i dont know, but when i click some of the usernames, including my own, on the older forum, and i goto the profile, i get:

This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.

why am i getting this error?
              Typically that there was an error with the users not being put into usergroups, or the usergroups haven't been set up.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                That means there is no users register with that name. What do you mean 'older forum'. The info in the thread is very confusing. It might be best to start at the beginning.

ok i have 1 forum right now, that is my current, actively running message board. then there is the older forum, that is a backed up board i found. it is much older, running 3.0.8 vbulletin.

we have started from scratch on the current board, but the older board has the same members, and has a lot of post.

i upgraded the older forum again to vb 3.6.8, and now the profiles seem to be working with users that werent working before, including my older profile. but i dont think it will import correctly if i were to import the forum again..

for some reason, just having the problems i have explained already over and over again each time i do the import. not happy about it.

would it work if i were to import only the forums, the threads, the post, polls, attachments, and other "post" items i would need for the post to show up correctly, and NOT import the users? would the post show up as the username, but they would be guest style names? what would happen?

Comment

I'd start a support ticket of if you already have one going ask for me as the user module should merge the users on email address then tie the source data to the target users during the import.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

ok jerry i have posted a trouble ticket in the system. thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X