Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snitz, SHA256 password question

Hi,

I have imported my Snitz data successfully, but nobody can login unless they reset their password.

I assume this is because Snitz is using SHA256 encryption on the passwords and vB is using MD5 and there is nothing that I can do aside from asking users to reset their passwords once we move to vB for real, correct?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Yes, the passwords cannot be imported and your users will need to reset them.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Steve, Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Jerry,

Thanks, I had read all of that but wanted to make sure that Snitz passwords could not be used in any way before I took that step.

I may go look for a hack on vbulletin.org first since we have over 4,000 members.

Again, thanks for your replies.

-Scott

Comment

This was created for SMF but if you have to roll your own, it will be a good start.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=password+hash

-- Any plans of importing passwords in future versions of vbulletin?
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Currently they can't at all no.

As Reeve of Shinra pointed out it has been requested and talked about a fair bit, likely the #1 thing for ImpEx at the moment. Though until the option is built into vBulletin to change the password type then ImpEx isn't going to do it, ImpEx's primary role is to protect the vBulletin database and second to import. So changing the schema or relying on non default code isn't an option at the moment.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X