Import issues phpbb -> VB 3.6.8pl2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import issues phpbb -> VB 3.6.8pl2

Hi - I purchased VB yesterday and have installed it without any issue. I also got impex installed and working without too much trouble. I am having a couple issues though and was hoping someone could shed some light.

1.) My users import fine, show up in the member list but on the main vb page the only user that is displayed is the letter 'a'. Also avatars don't transfer. When you run the upgrade and it asks for the avatar path does the script want a relative path or an absolute path?

2.) It doesn't appear that impex imports all of the posts. In my source phpbb board the posts appear, in the destination vb board it says no active topics in the last 30 days.

3.) None of my post counters are working. They all show 0 when you are looking at the overview page. Threads and posts both show 0. I have ran the update counters options too..

Any thoughts?

Go to the admincp > maintenance > update counters > run them

this should fix it

Comment

I have made some ground on this, mostly by trial and error. It appears that I have to update counters after I do some of the imports. I have gotten to the point where all of my threads, topics, posts import. And where I can get the user names to show up.

Now on my main forum page it shows the last post as being by "0" It shows the name correctly in other places in the board though.

Also - I cant get my avatars to transfer...

Comment

Ok. took care of the name problem..

Avatars though.. making my head hurt...

the path I think is the problem... I have tried all sorts... What is the exact way to do it?

Comment

As per our documentation, after an import you have to do the update counters, clean session and then do the next import.

Comment

Originally posted by jason-wka View Post
            Ok. took care of the name problem..

Avatars though.. making my head hurt...

the path I think is the problem... I have tried all sorts... What is the exact way to do it?
            The path is the source path, I believe. So enter where they are stored. so it can grab it from there.

Comment

I have tried the source path in every format I can think of. Relative, full, url, etc... Doesnt work...

Comment

And what error do you get when you try to import the avatars?

Comment

I don't get an error - I select import users, check the box to import avatars, put in the path and it runs. It shows success for all but 1 user (I didnt like that guy anyway). But when I look in the avatar directory I have specified - no avatars, and none in the profiles either..

Comment

Hmmm.. I changed it to put them into the DB and it worked. then I changed the storage to file system and it dumped them all out to the right spot. Odd...

Comment

Perhaps writing to file system requires you to chmod 777 the avatars/ dir so it can write to it. Did you do that?

Comment

Yeah. i did the chmod and everything else. Its working now, probably user error on my side.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X