Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection to one of mySQL databases Fails

Hi,

I am a newbie to vBulletin and I am trying to import my old files from my SMF database to my vbulletin database. The problem is that all the info that I entered in the config doc seems so correct but I keep on recieving this message when I press import . "Connection to source server failed. Check username and password."

Can any one help me please. My website should be up running by monday.

thnak you in advance

Are they on the same server and you're using the username pass that you used for SMF ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

No they are not in the same server... One is on my old hosting account and the other one is on my Virtual dedicated server. The usernames are different from one another.. but the passwords are the same

Comment

You might find that the users accounts have been set up for the databases that they can only connect from their own instance if it's a virtual server.

I'd double check that any application can actually connect to both at the same time, or move a copy of the source to the target database.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Problem solved

I Exported the source database to my computer.. Created a new database on my virtual database. Uploaded the exported files to new database. Then imported all the info to the vBulletin from SMF.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X