Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All threads were there then they were not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All threads were there then they were not?

Hi
    phpbb2 to new install of vb 3.6.8
    I have imported my phpbb2 twice now with the same problem. I did everything as per instructions and everything worked perfectly, did the after import procedure. All my users and all threads and posts were imported correctly.
    The strange thing is both times after about an hour all the posts and threads disappeared except for sticky threads. If however you display options from the beginning they are all there but in earliest date order??
    Has anyone any experience of this or does anyone know a reason?
    Thank you
    Jeff
    Last edited by jeff21up; Tue 18 Mar '08, 4:18am. Reason: provide more information

To show all threads by default, go to

AdminCP > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query > Automatic Query > Show All Threads > Continue > Continue

To run Queries in the Admin Control Panel you need to edit your config.php file and add your user ID to the Can Run Queries section. It looks like:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '';

Place your user id between the single quotes.

The ordering of the threads can only be changed by editing the individual forums.

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > Edit > Default Sort Field > Last Post
    AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > Edit > Default Sort Order > Descending

Comment

Kerry-Anne
      Thank you very much for the reply - i sorted it by setting the display options, the funny thing is i didn't alter them from the initial install when all the threads were showing?
      The settings altered themselves somehow
      Anyway all is normal now - thank you for your prompt assistance
      Jeff

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X