Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When importing nothing seems to be happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When importing nothing seems to be happening?

Ok, I am trying to import from phpbb2 and when I push run module it doesn't seem to be working in the-

Import user
    Import banlist
    Import forum
    Import thread

Any idea why this is happening?! I have read the install guide and the online manual...I can't seem to find anything. The config file has been filled out correctly...another note- it seems to upload the smilies just fine as well as the run and check database...but everything else it just doesn't seem to do anything?!

Thanks so much for any help!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

When you say it isn't working what exactly do you mean?

Are you getting errors? If so, please state what errors you are receiving.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

no errors...that is why I am confused? when i push the button start module....it shows like its doing something, then says complete and then it doesn't seem to do anything once it has finished? it shows 0 Successful 0 Failed...on most after. and then on some it will only say 1 Successful...under import user or import thread. it shows on one of them 44.44%?

Comment

The percentage display doesn't matter what it displays so don't worry about that.

Do your users have email addresses in their profiles on your phpbb board? Email addresses are required for users to be imported. Everything else depends on the users being imported.

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

oh ok, that is good to know. thank you. and yes they do have email addresses.

Comment

ImpEx only ever reads from a source board it will never alter source data. Though running an import against source data that is being updated can have some strange outcomes for the import as well as the source board, also it will cause a lot of load on the source board.

I see one of my problems was that I was trying to import from my live board. my mistake! big mistake! sorry.

but here it says to-

(in the setting up section)
            Copy your source data to the same machine that your development vBulletin install, be that a database (i.e. phpBB) or the files (i.e. ubb.classic).

I have my backup of my database in sql. Where do I upload this file too? so that I can import from it?!

Comment

That would explain why it's not working

Here are the instructions for restoring a database:
              via phpmyadmin - small databases only
              via SSH/Telenet

If your hosting allows you to have more than one database I strongly recommend that you create a new database to restore your phpbb data to. You will then need to update the source database details in ImpexConfig.php to the details for the new database containing your phpbb data.

Twitter Blog

Comment

ah ok! cool! Thank you! yes, my host will allow me to have more than one database. I will go and create that now and also update my impexconfig file! thanks again for the fast reply and help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X