Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passwords resetted after migration,question regarding this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilly
    replied
    Yes, you need to send the email through your admin panel. It's an admin option - mass email users.

Leave a comment:

• Confused187
    replied
    Just put $username, the vBulletin forums will do the rest, they will receive the email saying their username don't worry

Leave a comment:

• micks80
    replied
    Thanks Steve,
    When you say vbulletin replaces those...do you mean i have to send that email from the vbulletin control panel or something? I don't get it, can you please explain where from do i have to send that email from...

I apologize if my question is too dumb but this is my first exp. with Vbulletin ..

Thanks in Advance

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    vB replaces those with the correct values.

Leave a comment:

• Passwords resetted after migration,question regarding this..

Hi Friends,
    I recently used Impex to migrate my Fireboard forum to Vbulletin 3.6.8 path 2 forum. As expected, all the user passwords have been resetted and i have to let my 10,000 users know that they have to reset their passwords now

I want to make this process as easy as possible for them so that i don't lose too many users. The vbulletin manual explains to send the users an email of this form:
    Code:
    Hello $username,

We have recently moved our forum to vBulletin, part of moving to this amazing software is that you are required to reset your password, if you follow this link and enter your email address you will be emailed directions to resetting your password.

http://www.example.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw&email=$email

Thanks,
    Webmaster of example.com
    But i dont understand how would the $username and $email fields be automatically replaced with the user's username and email ???

Is there any example as to how people do it?

Please help.
    Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X