User+Post count missing after import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User+Post count missing after import

I have a user (who happens to be the top poster - me) on the old forum (PHPBB2) who failed to come across in the import.

Clues:
    1) This user is (I am) an admin on the old board.
    2) All other users seem to have come across OK (though I can't get a post history on anyone yet).
    3) All my posts came across but have no name as the poster and no post count. They were seemingly written by no one (not guest).
    4) There was one single error in the user import among nearly 5,000 users - that'd be me no doubt - have tried re-importing with no change.
    5) There is no record of that user name at all in the new VB forum. I could create one and give myself a false count but I would not be recognised as the poster for all the previous posts. It is essential that I am listed as and counted as the poster for all my previous posts.
    6) I used a totally different username for the install of VB.

It just seems weird that only one user would be left out of the import and that was me and that was the old admin. If it was anyone else it probably wouldn't matter but I spent a lot of time earning the top poster in that old forum (3 years) so I'll need to get my profile restored for sure. I must be re-linked with all my old threads at least.
    Last edited by OneDayWealth; Mon 11 Feb '08, 7:22pm.
    Bill Stacy
    www.OneDayWealth.com

You need to clear out the imported data and try again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

For which problem? Missing user or post count?

Tried again several times last night...

...have tried re-importing with no change....
      Sigh...I've just spent all afternoon sorting the permissions and moving usergroups which will all be wiped out. I soooo wish I had someone doing this for me...
      Bill Stacy
      www.OneDayWealth.com

Comment

Either or both. The import needs to be redone from the beginning. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

[drops head and shoulders and walks back into lab]
          Bill Stacy
          www.OneDayWealth.com

Comment

Same thing happened.

4,877 success, 1 failure.

Didn't even bother importing forums this time. Did a search for my username right after the user import and it's not there again.

The only red tables I get are for...

phpbb_attachments NOT found.
            phpbb_attachments_desc NOT found.

Everything else seems to go fine. I just logged into the old forum a second ago and there I am with all my posts listed...etc.
            Bill Stacy
            www.OneDayWealth.com

Comment

Cool.

Be sure to follow the online Impex import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The problem was in the configuration of the email address and the email count to null. Without a valid email address the user will not be imported - apparently. Not sure how they got messed up but as soon as I fixed that the import grabbed every user (including me) and it looks like it's all smooth sailing from here. It needed two of us to figure it out and some freeze frame screen grabs to catch some importing errors (that's where we got the email field clue from) but the relief was immense.

I hope this post helps others with a similar problem. Thanks Steve.
                Bill Stacy
                www.OneDayWealth.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X