Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Have you started a support ticket ?

Leave a comment:

• johnperry9
    replied
    nightmare

Hi there, it says, "Failed :: attachment not imported" is there anyway that someone can help me, I have been working on this non stop, and I don't know what else to try. I figure it for something simple that I am overlooking, but I can't figure it out. I don't have much money, but I will give what ever I can, if someone can just help me get this moved over. I can't thank you all enough. Please help.

Thanks,
    John

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Did it say "source file not found", or just "failed" ?

Leave a comment:

• johnperry9
    replied
    ok, I tried something new, and I put in /home/writesan/tatconnect/files and it uploaded 17 successfully and failed out on 35. I am getting so frustrated, lol.

Leave a comment:

• johnperry9
    replied
    on the PWD, I don't know how to do that stuff, but the relative path, "from impex/index.php to the phpBB attachment dir." everything I have hosted is under my main account which is writesantaonline.com, so the path to tatconnect.com is actually writesan/public_html/tatconnect and the attachments are located in the writesan/public_html/tatconnect/files folder, but they are showing as binary files. How do I get vBulletin to read these binary files? I had emailed someone before I bought my license for vBulletin and they said it wouldn't be an issue to get it to work with vBulletin. The relative path to the impex/index.php is writesan/public_html/tat2/impex/index.php I hope this all makes sense to you. Thanks again for your time and your help.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    PWD is a command to find out the exact path that the attachments are in, you may be in a vhost.

You can also use the relative path from impex/index.php to the phpBB attachment dir.

Leave a comment:

• johnperry9
    replied
    Thanks for the reply

Hi and thanks so much for your quick reply. I think I have most of what you put understood, the only thing that I don't understand is

"if you can ssh to the dir and rum “pwd” to check the path."

If you could explain that part, I would appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied

The error will be that the forum isn’t there, as it says. ImpEx isn’t going to import broken data.

Do not use a trailing slash and if you can ssh to the dir and rum “pwd” to check the path.

Give the path to the users uploaded avatars. Then once the users are imported you can add the others via the admincp.

Announcements aren’t supported for imports.

For giving access, that can be done via a support ticket.

Leave a comment:

• johnperry9
    started a topic phpBB3 to vBulletin 3.6.8

phpBB3 to vBulletin 3.6.8

Hi, I just bought the license for vBulletin, and am trying to move over my forum.

I have a "dummy" site set up at http://www.writesantaonline.com/tat2/

The live forum is at http://www.tatconnect.com This is a site for temporary airbrush tattoo artists.

My problems that I am having with ImpEx are:

1. When I click on "006" the Import thread button, it is giving an error of "Invalid, skipping, Failed on : forumid" It successfully imported 95 threads and only showed this error on 3 threads, but I want to make sure that everything gets moved over.

2. When I click on Import attachment it gives an error saying that it cannot find the attachments. I have doublechecked the location and everything is correct, when I look in the attachment folder on my live site, it shows all the files as being saved as binary files. These files are located at public_html/tatconnect/files/ (IT IS A MUST TO GET THE ATTACHMENTS TO WORK BECAUSE WE ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING A CONTEST BASED ON INDIVIDUAL AVATARS THAT MEMBERS HAVE POSTED THROUGH ATTACHMENTS)

3. On the import users, when I try to import the avatars, my avatars are located in the normal folder for phpbb3 which is public_html/tatconnect/images/avatars/ and in this folder I have two subfolders, one is called upload where users have uploaded their own avatars and then a subfolder called gallery, where we have 8 or so subfolders which are orginized into categories for our avatars that are preloaded onto our live phpbb3 site. How will I get it to read these avatars?

4. It is not importing our announcements that were made on phpbb3.

I really appreciate this great software, and I know that it was worth the money because of the support that comes with it. I am excited about getting this site live.

I have set up a "demo" administrator account on http://www.writesantaonline.com/tat2/ where the vBulletin is being tested on. The user and PW are both "demo."

If you would like ftp access, if you think it would help, please let me know, and I can supply that.

Thanks again for all of your help.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X