Can't import PM's, 3.6.5 -> 3.6.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't import PM's, 3.6.5 -> 3.6.8

Using Impex, everything else works perfectly, but when I try to import PM's it gets slower and slower the more it imports, finally slowing to a crawl around 29000, taking days to get to 36000. I have 68000 to import. I have no problem importing 500000 posts, but 68000 PMs kill it.

Any reason you're not just doing an upgrade for such a minor reversion change?

Comment

The 3.6.5 had VBPortal installed on it, which is why I'm guessing that the upgrade fails. I never used the VBPortal, someone else installed it on the forum, so I just wanted to do a clean 3.6.8 install and import my information from the old install.

Comment

How was the upgrade "failing"

Comment

Red X's all over the screen, can't change styles, it's pretty much unusable. I don't want to try it again on my production server, and if I copy it to a test server than I can't get in to admincp, it just returns me to the login screen.

Comment

Red x's sound like broken images, not being to login sounds like you have specific cookie settings for your live board.

Impex should never be used for upgrades, instead if you're having problems you should contact support so we can address the issues you're having with the updater.

Comment

I really just wanted to start fresh. The site was originally built 6 years ago by someone else and a lot of stuff has been changed, like the directories where images are stored. VBportal also changed a lot of stuff to the point where doing an upgrade of vbulletin leaves it scrambled. I'm moving it to a new server and wanted to start with a clean install of the latest version of vbulletin, without the vbportal, and just import my old data.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X