• 3.6.8 PL2 --> 3.6.8 PL2: Parse Error ImpExDatabaseCore.php

My setup:

3.6.8 PL2 (Source)
    3.6.8 PL2 (Target) - Fresh install.

/systems/vb_36 <--- Only systems folder uploaded

---------------

In Admin CP, after I entered my vB license I received the error:

Code:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/mysite/public_html/forumfolder/impex/ImpExDatabaseCore.php on line 1631
    I ran through the process many times, made sure the files were uploaded correctly and rechecked the configurations. I've searched but didn't find a solution. Any ideas?

I would advise downloading again as there may of been something wrong with the build, which just got rebuilt.

Though I've not touched that file (i.e. broken it) for a while, so curious as to why you'd get that error.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi, Jerry. Thanks for replying.

I've re-downloaded Impex from 2 different licenses and both with same results. I changed the upload from "auto" to "ASCII" and back to see if that would make a difference but it didn't.

The odd thing is that if I use the older Impex version (the one I used to import UBB Classic several years ago) I get the starting screen. The problem with that version, however, is that it does not support 3.6+ as the highest available option is 3.5. Any suggestions?

Comment

I've just downloaded ImpEx from the members area via my own customer account and set it up and I didn't get the parse error.

What is on that line in your file ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I've added code surrounding the line; the line's highlighted in red:

Code:
              if(!$this->get_value('mandatory', 'importpmid') OR $this->get_value('mandatory', 'importpmid') == '!##NULL##!')
              {
               $importpmid = 1;
              }
              else
              {
               $importpmid = $this->get_value('mandatory', 'importpmid');
              }
          Thanks for looking into it.

Comment

I don't like to bump but did you find anything, Jerry?

Comment

I can't find anything here or replicate it.

I would suggest replacing the whole if else statement there with :

PHP Code:
              $importpmid 1
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I replaced the above code (post #5) with:

Code:
                $importpmid = 1;

And now I get this:

Code:
                Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/mysite/public_html/forumfolder/impex/ImpExDatabaseCore.php on line 1625

That line points to "}". I don't think Impex likes me atm.

Comment

You'll have to start a support ticket and ask for me, I can't debug what's going wrong with your PHP parser like this very effectively.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ooops.

I was able to fix the original issue by adjusting the line:

Code:
                        if (!$this->get_value('mandatory', 'pmtextid'))

To this

Code:
                        if(!$this->get_value('mandatory', 'pmtextid'))

I noticed that the sequence of the PM codes didn't have a space after "if". I don't know if that should make a difference at all but in my case it did. I'm running a trial Impex now to see if everything imports as it should.

Comment

I'm not sure if that would of been it as there are if's with spaces all though the file, though if that makes your parser happy go for it !
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yeah...I'm not sure why it happened on 3 isolated installs too. So on the third attempt I just decided to play with the php file and see if I could come up with a workable solution. Just by chance I made the small edit and it worked. Just to be sure I spent the next hour just fiddling around to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

I have since imported successfully 3 times and feel that the 3rd is the one to be used. I also deleted the import session so I can import new users/data without affecting the ones I've just imported.

I really appreciate your help, Jerry.

Comment

Good to hear
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X