Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    You connect via ssh and use the command in that post the "-f" forces the restore to continue and ignores the INSERTS that fail (which you don't need)

Leave a comment:

• chaking
    replied
    So what's the process?

- You grab the invision free database.
    - Create a new dB
    - Run the sql included in this post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...70&postcount=4
    - Then you say you can 'restore the invision free SQL into it with ignoring the INSERT's for the tables that ImpEx doesn't use in a IPB1.3 import'?
    - Finally use the ipb folder in the ImpEx upload as the system?

How do you ignore the INSERTs for the tables ImpEx doesn't use in a IPB1.3 import?

Hopefully I got this right - The tables in the sql you posted are the only tables that ImpEx uses from teh old Invision Free board? Therefore when you are importing the invision free database, it won't insert information for any other tables other than the one's already created by your sql. So we just take out all the "CREATE TABLE" statements from the invision free database backup?

Thanks for your time -

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I have looked at the file.

Check your private messages.

Leave a comment:

• Prof MG Miller
    replied
    It is an SQL file. Here is all the info IF gave me
    You can download the data (8.3MB) at <protecting data>

Be sure you have a freshly installed IPB (v1.3.x) with the default mysql table prefix (ibf_).
    Next empty the following tables on the fresh install (again make sure the install is using the prefix ibf_):
    ibf_badwords
    ibf_posts
    ibf_calendar_events
    ibf_categories
    ibf_contacts
    ibf_emoticons
    ibf_forums
    ibf_groups
    ibf_members
    ibf_messages
    ibf_moderators
    ibf_polls
    ibf_stats
    ibf_titles
    ibf_topics
    ibf_tracker
    ibf_voters
    ibf_cache_store
    ibf_forum_perms
    ibf_topic_mmod
    ibf_validating;

or you can use these queries:

CODE DELETE FROM ibf_badwords;
    DELETE FROM ibf_posts;
    DELETE FROM ibf_calendar_events;
    DELETE FROM ibf_categories;
    DELETE FROM ibf_contacts;
    DELETE FROM ibf_emoticons;
    DELETE FROM ibf_forums;
    DELETE FROM ibf_groups;
    DELETE FROM ibf_members;
    DELETE FROM ibf_messages;
    DELETE FROM ibf_moderators;
    DELETE FROM ibf_polls;
    DELETE FROM ibf_stats;
    DELETE FROM ibf_titles;
    DELETE FROM ibf_topics;
    DELETE FROM ibf_tracker;
    DELETE FROM ibf_voters;
    DELETE FROM ibf_cache_store;
    DELETE FROM ibf_forum_perms;
    DELETE FROM ibf_topic_mmod;
    DELETE FROM ibf_validating;

Then run the queries in the file you downloaded. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/batch-commands.html
    Last edited by Jerry; Wed 13 Feb '08, 12:23pm. Reason: URL removed

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    That isn't SQL, or it is a zip/gz/archive file of some kind.

What is the full file name or extension ?

If it is as I guess an archive, you'll have to extract it, then cut it into two.

Leave a comment:

• Prof MG Miller
    replied
    You're right, I used the wrong text editor by mistake.

I split the file in two, uploaded the tables provided by Jerry, then proceeded to upload the two files I had split from the InvisionFree SQL. The tables from Jerry naturally loaded fine. Pt. 1 of the split SQL seemed to be ok - I can only assume so because I didn't see error messages. I actually saw nothing, it just stopped after a while.

I uploaded Pt. II, and it yielded this error:

Code:
    Error
                                   There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:
    ----BEGIN CUT----
    eNqNU9tu2kAQnWd/xUiN2kYyrg3hEucJIQuQHKCYJEpfkAMGrDrG8aVJ+vFNz86GkJJUrczuzpy5
    7c4cvOl0PHW553Cvzr43ctlmhx27YxvBDIYnw+hdBi4fDZcuF3dJFuZFlFtJfGNlm8z8wXWr0eK6
    bTe/2B38ILr1uus4nES3p+w9ZHxknD8GX32Xm5ZtNZ1asl0bF8GUx4HJ3b43mpl86aHUVZzy+fjb
    0Pe7ytWYnHddpG9ZJ7UsaRiTwUT5mWPc5sRqWI5dQ1mrWGySKl1aDvtxWj0YfnfUdzlKa1W5qnUM
    Kfz0a0gjCsijKc2IaUh96GNonmgjoGNIMd3QiuaU0ZYKKrGYPlMIPaOIUlrCFmGPYTNh28lzrJhu
    oSs0g7wUKaQKlg2y5fB5H02h7yIrVIyAFfBdCxIj2xweS3w5bAU+XUPfcA48xBk9ey+Ap69q7fyU
    fIf8kSxtK2HLJGbvv5JbVbjRHksRcS9v3Pn/+fbXL1B3KbEv8L45VixdfGsp6VF6+tayQkwCyzEs
    l9Qlny4wpUAm8YlsLPPV6UBqU4da1MTSWAOIlmbSDdXVnbc+W4iwoJ0+n20gFtXx7fM6yOOIZxtn
    5yX7zoNpgDtvDtbH8DY7ow+IbdAZfBi8GmBXbFOvMAVT2pUwj6mHN45wBjQBHxUX+9Bm8B7IOYV9
    cpD3n1pSnoHKuVbW5d/Qa2GU6vMWPdcseYRcCTtymfV3mbTmpmJYKjzQzNKa2tdAtsJrBlc2MlM1
    WQYzFKPUHPa5Q+GyJb24FiwXz1C4GomW4UahRN0LrrPl2NcvFQtELvDp/4XO15Naa/Es6ed/dYcP
    ZquY4LzI7QPre/sx/QakKvXB
     ----END CUT----
    ----BEGIN RAW----
    ERROR: C1 C2 LEN: 0 1 1080
    STR: �

CVS: $Id: sqlparser.lib.php,v 2.36 2005/08/08 20:22:11 lem9 Exp $
    MySQL: 5.0.51-log
    USR OS, AGENT, VER: Win MOZILLA 5.0
    PMA: 2.6.4-pl3
    PHP VER,OS: 4.3.10-200.schlund.1 Linux
    LANG: en-utf-8
    SQL: ��I�N�S�E�R�T� �I�G�N�O�R�E� �I�N�T�O� �i�b�f�_�p�o�s�t�s� �(�a�p�p�e�n�d�_�e�d�i�t�,� �e�d�i�t�_�t�i�m�e�,� �p�i�d�,� �a�u�t�h�o�r�_�i�d�,� �a�u�t�h�o�r�_�n�a�m�e�,� �u�s�e�_�s�i�g�,� �i�p�_�a�d�d�r�e�s�s�,� �p�o�s�t�_�d�a�t�e�,� �i�c�o�n�_�i�d�,� �p�o�s�t�,� �q�u�e�u�e�d�,� �t�o�p�i�c�_�i�d�,� �f�o�r�u�m�_�i�d�,� �n�e�w�_�t�o�p�i�c�,� �e�d�i�t�_�n�a�m�e�,� �a�t�t�a�c�h�_�h�i�t�s�,� �a�t�t�a�c�h�_�t�y�p�e�,� �a�t�t�a�c�h�_�f�i�l�e�)� �V�A�L�U�E�S� �(�'�0�'�,�'�0�'�,�'�1�0�7�8�6�5�6�'�,�'�3�7�'�,�'�T�o�n�u�s�'�,�'�1�'�,�'�6�8�.�1�9�8�.�1�7�6�.�2�2�0�'�,�'�1�1�3�1�6�8�7�1�8�6�'�,�'�0�'�,�'� �H�a�h�a�h�a�h�a�h�a�&#�3�3�;� � �O�H� �N�O�E�S�,� � �N�O�W� �I� �C�A�N� �S�P�R�I�N�G� �T�E�H� �T�R�A�P�&#�3�3�;�&#�3�3�;�&#�3�3�;�&lt;�b�r�&gt;�&lt;�b�r�&gt;�Y�e�s� �V�o�l�t�,� �y�o�u� �t�r�i�c�k�e�d� �u�s� �i�n�t�o� �p�o�i�n�t�i�n�g� �o�u�t� �w�h�a�t� �a� �m�o�r�o�n� �y�o�u� �a�r�e�.� � �Y�o�u�r� �m�a�s�t�e�r� �p�l�a�n� �w�a�s� �a� �r�a�g�i�n�g� �s�u�c�c�e�s�s�.� � �C�o�n�g�r�a�t�z�&#�3�3�;�&lt;�b�r�&gt;� �'�,�'�0�'�,�'�2�2�1�'�,�'�2�7�'�,�'�0�'�,�'�'�,�'�'�,�'�'�,�'�'�)� ----END RAW----
         SQL query: 
      ��I�N�S�E�R�T� �I�G�N�O�R�E� �I�N�T�O� �i�b�f�_�p�o�s�t�s� �(�a�p�p�e�n�d�_�e�d�i�t�,� �e�d�i�t�_�t�i�m�e�,� �p�i�d�,� �a�u�t�h�o�r�_�i�d�,� �a�u�t�h�o�r�_�n�a�m�e�,� �u�s�e�_�s�i�g�,� �i�p�_�a�d�d�r�e�s�s�,� �p�o�s�t�_�d�a�t�e�,� �i�c�o�n�_�i�d�,� �p�o�s�t�,� �q�u�e�u�e�d�,� �t�o�p�i�c�_�i�d�,� �f�o�r�u�m�_�i�d�,� �n�e�w�_�t�o�p�i�c�,� �e�d�i�t�_�n�a�m�e�,� �a�t�t�a�c�h�_�h�i�t�s�,� �a�t�t�a�c�h�_�t�y�p�e�,� �a�t�t�a�c�h�_�f�i�l�e�)� �V�A�L�U�E�S� �(�'�0�'�,�'�0�'�,�'�1�0�7�8�6�5�6�'�,�'�3�7�'�,�'�T�o�n�u�s�'�,�'�1�'�,�'�6�8�.�1�9�8�.�1�7�6�.�2�2�0�'�,�'�1�1�3�1�6�8�7�1�8�6�'�,�'�0�'�,�'� �H�a�h�a�h�a�h�a�h�a�&�#�3�3�;� � �O�H� �N�O�E�S�,� � �N�O�W� �I� �C�A�N� �S�P�R�I�N�G� �T�E�H� �T�R�A�P�&�#�3�3�;�&�#�3�3�;�&�#�3�3�;�<b�r�><b�r�>Y�e�s� �V�o�l�t�,� �y�o�u� �t�r�i�c�k�e�d� �u�s� �i�n�t�o� �p�o�i�n�t�i�n�g� �o�u�t� �w�h�a�t� �a� �m�o�r�o�n� �y�o�u� �a�r�e�.� � �Y�o�u�r� �m�a�s�t�e�r� �p�l�a�n� �w�a�s� �a� �r�a�g�i�n�g� �s�u�c�c�e�s�s�.� � �C�o�n�g�r�a�t�z�&�#�3�3�;�<b�r�> '�,�'�0�'�,�'�2�2�1�'�,�'�2�7�'�,�'�0�'�,�'�'�,�'�'�,�'�'�,�'�'�)� 

MySQL said: 
    Please advise what to do. I'm lost in manipulating SQL.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Hard to tell from that image, looks like you've opened it up in a text editor that can't handle the line breaks, try www.textpad.com

Leave a comment:

• Prof MG Miller
    replied
    The entire file is a mish-mash of information, with no breaks for insert lines. It appears as such the whole way:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...freesqlpic.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I suggest splitting the file into two and uploading it in two halves.

Each line should be it's own INSERT line so it should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Prof MG Miller
    replied
    Max: 8,192KB

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    phpMyAdmin should tell you it's maximum upload size, if you browse to the select the database then the "Import" tab it should show you a max file size ?

Leave a comment:

• Prof MG Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    So we are at the stage that you have the SQL file from invision free and need to restore it now to create the source database to import from ?
    Correct.

Do you have either SSH access or phpMyAdmin to your server that will be doing the import ?
    I have access to phpMyAdmin.

How big is the invision free SQL file ?
    The SQL file is 8.34 MB. Will I need some sort of program for big dumps - 1and1 (my host) does not allow for huge sql uploads, regrettably.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    So we are at the stage that you have the SQL file from invision free and need to restore it now to create the source database to import from ?

Do you have either SSH access or phpMyAdmin to your server that will be doing the import ?

How big is the invision free SQL file ?

Leave a comment:

• Prof MG Miller
    replied
    I have removed the Import ID tags. I have just received a link to my InvisionFree forum data, an SQL file. As Jerry lined out here, I have made a new database to load those tables on. But I haven't the foggiest of how MySQL runs, let alone the proper strings to enter and where to enter my own information. I have the SQL from the old forums, I have my new forums all ready, I just need to get the old forums data ready to be imported... but I don't know how.

Could someone please help walk me through this?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, that can be done. Please view the multiple import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X