This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404.php redirect from ubb threads

I imported from ubbThreads 7.2 a couple of days ago and have been trying to get the 404.php redirects to work ever since.

I know I have the import ids because I ran the sql queries suggested in another thread.

Code:
    SELECT count(*) FROM user WHERE importuserid <> 0;
    SELECT count(*) FROM forum WHERE importforumid <> 0;
    SELECT count(*) FROM thread WHERE importthreadid <> 0;
    SELECT count(*) FROM post WHERE importpostid <> 0;
    At first I thought it was a redirect problem to my server because it just keeps going to my old default 404 error page, the one I also set in 404.php. The techs at my server confirmed that the 404 errors are being directed to forum/404.php and it's just kicking them back to the original default.

I've used these as my settings
    Code:
    $old_folder  = 'forums/';       // With trailing slash
    $old_ext_type = '.php';        // Including preceding dot
    $standard_404  = 'http://www.mysite.com/404.shtml';  // The usual 404 that this script replaces
    // Example :: [URL="http://www.example.com/vBulletin/"]www.example.com/vBulletin/[/URL]
    $new_domain  = 'www.mysite.com';
    $new_folder  = 'forum/'; // With trailing slash
    $ext_type  = '.php';   // File extension type that vBulletin is using, i.e. index.php including the preceding dot
    Can anyone help me with this?

The 404.php page is an example of what admin/webmasters can do to set up 404/301 redirects from old forums.

The file itself has to be customised to each forum that it's used for.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I understand Jerry, I would like to implement this but I'm not smart enough to do this on my own so I'm asking for someone to help.

I started a support ticket which was never answered and also pm'd you with no response.

I'll give you $50 through paypal if you'll fix this for me...

Comment

I will remove this example helper script now.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X