Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    "localhost"

Most likely.

Leave a comment:

• kate_nz
    replied
    Well I couldn't get xampp running smoothly so am now using easyphp which is going well

I'm running my vb files locally and have backed up my test database locally but I'm having trouble knowing where to point the config.php file to. If I leave the master database server name as it was, I connect to the database on the server, if I change it to localhost or the full path to my database I get an error. The full path is 'C:\Program Files\EasyPHP 2.0b1\mysql\data\lifest1_vforum'

Can someone tell me what the server name should be please?

Thanks
    Kate

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    It's not a trivial I will admit, though a great learning experience for managing backups of your forum and getting used to the tools

Leave a comment:

• kate_nz
    replied
    Thank you both

I've downloaded xampp and am totally outside my comfort zone with it so far but will perservere

Regards
    Kate

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    If you are running windows on your desktop you can install this :

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Then you will need to install vBulletin and have a copy of the source database on your machine.

Then do the import and treat the moving of the vBulletin to your public site as a server move.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/moving_servers

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not really. As I said you would need both databases on the same server, and you would have to set ou PC up as a web server with both PHP and MySQL installed.

Leave a comment:

• kate_nz
    replied
    I assume he meant on my PC rather than on the server... can it be done that way?

Thanks
    Kate

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not sure what you mean by 'locally'. The Snitz database will need to be on the same server as the vB database you are importing to.

Leave a comment:

• kate_nz
    started a topic import locally?

import locally?

Hi

I've now got my vb forum looking and behaving the way I want it to So the time has come to import the data from my existing Snitz forum.

My forum has about 150,000 posts (including archived posts) and about 5,000 members. My webhost suggested to me that I do the import locally rather than running it on the server the forum is on to prevent time-outs .. as a recent Snitz to vBulletin import he ran took 6 hours to import all posts (200,000 or so)

How can I run the import locally?

Thanks
    Kate
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X