Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to start with importing from groupee to VB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start with importing from groupee to VB?

I accessed phpmyadmin for my groupee site and exported all the tables as a sql file.

I already installed impex and since I am not sure about the location of the sql file for the groupee site, and would like to use the exported file, I have no idea what to do with that file. I don't see anything that lets me point impex to that specific file.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have spent all night trying to do a test import to see what needs to be changed and have not got anywhere.

Since I probably won't be transferring over every table from my old groupee db, should I just be concerned with the ones that match those listed on the import screen?

Comment

You need to copy the full database.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How to manually change number of users after import

I ran a test import today and other than some minor moves I had to make for posts, I think it is looking promising. I did notice that the private messages from groupee did not transfer over and the number of registered users at the bottom of the page says "0" even though I can see that there are x number of users in the registered group in the cp.

I submitted a support ticket about the private messages and if I can get that worked out, and find a fix to increase the shown number of registered usrs, then I think that I may go ahead with a final import.

It is a good thing that I started this a few days ago because my groupee account has exceeded it's limit for the 250 megs of disk space they charge me for and nobody can view attachments of upload new images. good timing.

Comment

If you update the members list the user count will be changed.

I'm going though the tickets now and I think yours is assigned to me.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X