Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing from MyBB 1.2.2 to VB 3.6.8 - attachment issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from MyBB 1.2.2 to VB 3.6.8 - attachment issue.

Hi guys,

Importing from MyBB 1.2.2 to VB 3.6.8, and everything is going fine until I have reached the attachments.

To give you the full picture, my VB forum is to be forum.mywebsite dot com and the old MyBB forum is forums.mywebsite dot com.

Uploaded attachements are currently stored in the uploads folder within the subdomain (i.e. forums.mywebsite dot com/uploads/), and are named post_3_1168687201.attach and so on.

Looking at the MyBB SQL table, I've got the following info:

24 10520 e935623f1f4c00f45f88a32edd9e2b80 3 Bell-Air RL.jpg image/jpeg 7996 post_3_1168687201.attach 9 1 post_3_1168687201_thumb.jpg

Running the import gives me the following:

urce file not found :: 70604.jpg
    Source file not found :: 2006-scott24hr6man.jpg
    Source file not found :: HOT.gif
    Source file not found :: 122668469-M.jpg
    Source file not found :: 122668474-M.jpg
    Source file not found :: 122668494-M.jpg
    Source file not found :: pic04639.jpg
    Source file not found :: pic31673.jpg
    Source file not found :: Sofa_King_ad_copy.jpg
    Source file not found :: pic09930.jpg
    Source file not found :: Bell-Air RL.jpg
    Source file not found :: DSC00743.jpg
    Source file not found :: DSC00742.jpg

and so on.

Any ideas; I would really like to get my attachments over.

Cheers

Kevin

That means that those file were not found in the directory you specified for the MyBB attachments.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

MyBB doesn't store them in that name however; MyBB stores them as the "post_3_1168687201.attach" file format as in my above example, and then seems to do a lookup within the database which correlates for example "Bell-Air RL.jpg" with the "post_3_1168687201.attach" file name stored in the /uploads directory.

Comment

vB is not making up those names. It's getting them from the MyBB database. That error means that those files are not in the directory you have set for your MyBB attachments.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know the files are not there - the importer is not correlating the files in the directory to the names in the database. I do not have a file called "Bell-Air RL.jpg"; only one called "post_3_1168687201.attach" - but the converter is not looking for that .attach file correctly, only looking for the .jpg file. Please do not tell me I will have to rename each file individually!

Comment

Any more ideas? This is pretty much the only thing making me go live with the conversion.

Comment

No sorry. As I said vB is looking for file names that it could only have gotten from the MyBB database. It wouldn't make up those names at random.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Like I said though - the MyBB database has the files listed as their original names (the one it's looking for, i.e. Bell-Air RL.jpg), but the MyBB database also correlates that name to the name it has automatically assigned/renamed it to (post_3_1168687201.attach). Is there any way to make the importer look for the correct table within the SQL database (the "attachment" column rather than the "filename" column), as it seems it would work then.

Comment

If you can change the attachments to being stored in the database in your mybb forum then do so and then try the attachments import again.
                  Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

OK, I've run an SQL querie and renamed all of the attachments to equal the random filename MyBB gave them. Now when I run the import I'm getting:

Found file attachment and DID NOT imported to the mysql database failed on ->

Ideas?

Comment

Revert to a backup from before you did that (you did take one didn't you?). Changing anything in the database directly will not only affect your importing ability but also break your mybb forums.

Once you have restored your backup follow my instructions in post #9

If you do not have a backup then you will not be able to recover from the damage that you have caused to your mybb database and therefore will not be able to import your attachments.
                      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Of course, always take a backup .

As far as I can see/info I can find on the MyBB website, attachments are not stored in the database at all - they're only stored in files.

Comment

ImpEx, knows the files are named differently, i.e. a display name and a system name.

It looks for the system and displays the displayname.

The issue will be the correct path, I suggest contacting support or ssh'ing to the machine and running pwd.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I have the same problem with this issue. Anybody has an idea how to deal with this? I am trying to move from MyBB 1.2.12 to vBulletin 3.6.8 Patch Level 2 ... I put a correct path to upload directory for my MyBB, but still no luck...

Comment

Anyone have luck with this? I have the same issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X