Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import thread count much higher than actual threads question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import thread count much higher than actual threads question??

Question for anyone who can make sense of this. I am importing a forum that has 17,294 threads and 216,806 posts by 15,981 members. The import thread process has been running for a long time (over 24 hours). What concerns me is the import process says that it is now importing:

My question is how can this be. I only have 17K in threads and 216K in posts. How can the process think it is at almost 4M? What am I missing? I would have thought the process would have completed long ago.
    stwilson

Up to 4.9M Threads

As of this morning I am up to:

This is confusing to me. How come these numbers are so large? Will it ever stop?
    stwilson

Comment

That's becaause those are postid numbers, and not the actual post count.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So does that mean this is normal? The import process has been running for almost a full WEEK now. It is showing 16.5M threads/posts imported at the current time. If the process takes this long I will never be able to switch over to VB. I guess I will submit a support request.
        stwilson

Comment

Yes, the auto-increment is normal. However I've never heard of any import taking a week. Sounds like a pretty serious server issue.

Whuih BB system are you importing?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve. It's not the server but an issue with impex for MSSQL for the board I am on. I have converted my DB from MSSQL to MYSQL and all appears to be running normally now. Right now it appears the import process will take about 2.0 hours. All is good. Thanks for your support.
            stwilson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X