Please help after import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help after import

Hi Please can someone help me with these issues?

I done the import to the new forum and that worked ok

I have noticed all my members have administrator under there name how can i change that to show them as only members?

Administrator

all my administarors have Imported_ infornt of their usermame here is an example: Imported_ steve1966

Please can you tell me how to remove the Imported_ so that only steve1966 shows as a usename for myself and my admins?

Do you want me to open a support ticket for these issues or is it ok to post and get help with my probs here?

thanks
    Last edited by steve1966; Fri 21 Dec '07, 1:34am.

I'd check that "User Title" is setup correctly for each and every usergroup. Afterwards you might need to run Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles and Ranks I guess.

Having a user called "Imported_steve1966" means there was already another user called "steve1966" on your original forum.

You can merge these accounts manually: Users -> Merge Users
    Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Originally posted by mlx View Post
      I'd check that "User Title" is setup correctly for each and every usergroup. Afterwards you might need to run Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles and Ranks I guess.

Having a user called "Imported_steve1966" means there was already another user called "steve1966" on your original forum.

You can merge these accounts manually: Users -> Merge Users
      ok thanks please can you help me with this

I have these 2 groups which i dont want Inactive Imported Users and Active Imported Users I only want registered and inactive registered users to show how can do this?

Comment

Originally posted by steve1966 View Post
        I have these 2 groups which i dont want Inactive Imported Users and Active Imported Users I only want registered and inactive registered users to show how can do this?
        Have a look at Users -> Prune / Move Users. That should allow you to move all users from one usergroup to another. Alternatively removing any of these imported usergroups would move all users back to your main "Registered Users" usergroup (id: 2)
        Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

ok thanks i will try that

Comment

that worked thanks
            Last edited by steve1966; Fri 21 Dec '07, 2:23am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X