No announcement yet.

A phpBB2 to vBulletin conversion problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have no ssh access did you originally get the source database dump using phpMyAdmin or some other way ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I used phpmyadmin, but there's no compatibility mode option. The database I'm trying to backup is MySQL 4.0, and the database I'm trying to restore it to is 4.1, if that makes a difference.

Comment

Okay, I got everything to work (I think). I've imported the board with Impex, with only 2 failed members, 1 failed thread, and 5 failed posts.

I've run into a couple of issues, though. At least one account could not be logged into, as if the user had entered an incorrect password. The password had to be set in the AdminCP before the user could login successfully. Only a few users have been testing the board, so I can't be sure if this was an isolated incident or a widespread problem at the moment.

The second issue is an error found at the top of member.php, which curiously only appears in the profiles of members who were mods or admins on the phpBB. The error is as follows:
        Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in /member.php on line 551
        Curiously, if I were to open such a user's profile in the admincp and then save it (even without making any changes) the error would vanish. I guess it's not an issue, since it's solved.

Comment

Typically a date issue with a user, though defaults are used it a valid one isn't present so I'm curious as to the nature and version of the source.

Is it all users or just a few ?
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X