Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A phpBB2 to vBulletin conversion problem

Hi--
    • Type of import (clean or merge). A merge, no previous import attempted.
    • Source board system and version. phpBB 2.0.12
    • Target version. vBulletin 3.6.8
    • Module issue occurred on. didn't even get to start
    • Any SQL error reported. See below

Me and my fellow admin, Saint, are trying to upgrade the forum to vBulletin, and we have hit our first major setback. Initially, we had the "connection to the source server failed" error, but Saint had the mind to realize that we should import the database for the phpBB forum to a database on the same server where the vBulletin installation is. I gave him the backup I downloaded by uploading it a temp directory in FTP for him to use as the source, In the mean time, I uploaded the backup of the database for the phpBB forum for Saint to use, and he tried to import it to the new database set alongside the same server that vBulletin is installed on, using bigdump since phpMyadmin has 2MB limit on import.

Further IM conversation about the matter:
    [18:31] Saint: what the deuce?
    [18:32] Hyperion: Me neither, but I'm looking at the MySQL documentation linked to in the database for phpBB. Maybe I'll find something.
    [18:32] Hyperion: What happend now?
    [18:32] Saint: well, i decided to try using the original database again.
    [18:32] Saint: you know, in impex.
    [18:33] Saint: and it says
    [18:33] Saint: "There seems to have been a problem with the database.

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE `vbfields` (
    `fieldname` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
    `tablename` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
    `vbmandatory` enum('Y','N','A') NOT NULL default 'N',
    `defaultvalue` varchar(200) default '!##NULL##!',

`dictionary` mediumtext NOT NULL,

`product` varchar(25) defa
    [18:33] Saint: ult ''

)

mysql error: Table 'vbfields' already exists

mysql error number: 1050

Date: Thursday 20th 2007f December 2007 07:39:37 PM
    Database: [ insert database name here. I removed it for security reason ]
    MySQL error: Table 'vbfields' already exists
    "
    [18:34] Saint: and now when i try it again, it gives me the connection to source served failed error again.
    Well, this time attempting to upload the backup worked for a few seconds, but now another error, as quoted from my fellow admin via IM:
    Error at the line 193225: INSERT INTO `haruko_search_wordlist` VALUES ('nausica�', 114769, 0);

Query: INSERT INTO `haruko_search_wordlist` VALUES ('nausicaä', 114769, 0);

MySQL: Duplicate entry 'nausicaä' for key 1
    I'm beginning to think I should send a ticket so that I can provide the personal info.

Edit--

Attempted to upload a copy of a backup made with the option for dropping duplicates CHECKED. Yet got the same error.

Edit--

The following 27 files, which make up an estimated 2/3 of the total files from the database for the phpBB forum, show up in the database we're attempting to import to before the error quoted above appears. Those files are:

haruko_auth_access
    haruko_banlist
    haruko_categories
    haruko_config
    haruko_confirm
    haruko_disallow
    haruko_forums
    haruko_forum_prune
    haruko_groups
    haruko_logbook
    haruko_logins
    haruko_modules
    haruko_module_admin_panel
    haruko_module_cache
    haruko_module_group_auth
    haruko_module_info
    haruko_optimize_db
    haruko_posts
    haruko_posts_text
    haruko_privmsgs
    haruko_privmsgs_archive
    haruko_privmsgs_text
    haruko_proxies
    haruko_ranks
    haruko_search_phrases
    haruko_search_results
    haruko_search_wordlist
    Last edited by Tanapangarap; Thu 20 Dec '07, 9:04pm.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...12/favicon.png Join The Infinity Program, my den of villains and swashbucklers.

Read my latest article, "The Elected President: A Case Study."

I'll try and make our problem a little more concise:

We're trying to convert our board from phpBB2 to VB, the latter being on a new server. When I tried using Impex, it told me that it could not connect to the source DB, so I guess our original DB isn't allowing the remote connection. Accordingly, we backed up the database and we're now trying to put it on a DB on the new server. However, we don't have SSH access, so we've been trying to use Bigdump (http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php). When I try to import the backup, it works normally for a while, but then produces the following error:

Originally posted by The Infuriating Error of DEATH
    Error at the line 193254: INSERT INTO `haruko_search_wordlist` VALUES ('nausica�', 114769, 0);
    Query: INSERT INTO `haruko_search_wordlist` VALUES ('nausicaä', 114769, 0);

MySQL: Duplicate entry 'nausicaä' for key 1
    Can anybody lend a hand?

Comment

See this page for a solution to the 'duplicate key' error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/mysql_duplicatekey
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not sure how that relates to our problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Saintv1 View Post
          Sorry, but I'm not sure how that relates to our problem.
          This:
          It can also be caused by backing up a newer MySQL database with the "Compatibility Option" if this is the case, the MYSQL backup does not contain auto-increment information and the proper indexes are not created when the backup is restored.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What is the "Compatibility Option?" Sorry, I'm not exactly well-versed in this stuff. I don't see any such option when I export. The DB I'm backing up is using MySQL 4.0, if that makes a difference.
            Last edited by Saintv1; Thu 20 Dec '07, 9:32pm.

Comment

Which method did you use to make the backup? Which versions of MySQL are unning on the old and new servers?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The old database is using MySQL 4.0, and the new database is using 4.1. I've been making the backup using the export function in phpmyadmin.

Someone has suggested to me that the reason this may be happening is because the old database and the new database are using different encoding schemes. While converting from one to the other, an accent sign is being lost, so the word "nausicaä" is now clashing with the same word accented in a different way.

To fix that, I tried changing the line "INSERT INTO `haruko_search_wordlist` VALUES ('nausicaä', 114769, 0);" to "REPLACE INTO `haruko_search_wordlist` VALUES ('nausicaä', 114769, 0);". This fixed the problem, but then I got another similar error for a different word (the word was "uber"). So I suppose I could perform a Find/Replace of "INSERT INTO `haruko_search_wordlist`" with "REPLACE INTO `haruko_search_wordlist`" and see if that works.

Comment

Looks like your restoring to a database where the tables already are and they aren't being dropped first.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

No; I'm dropping the tables before each attempt.

Comment

The vBfields error in the first post is usually from that, curious.

How big is the back up from the source and do you have SSH to the source server ?
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                        The vBfields error in the first post is usually from that, curious.

How big is the back up from the source and do you have SSH to the source server ?
                        140 megs, and no.

Comment

Originally posted by Saintv1 View Post
                          Someone has suggested to me that the reason this may be happening is because the old database and the new database are using different encoding schemes. While converting from one to the other, an accent sign is being lost, so the word "nausicaä" is now clashing with the same word accented in a different way.

To fix that, I tried changing the line "INSERT INTO `haruko_search_wordlist` VALUES ('nausicaä', 114769, 0);" to "REPLACE INTO `haruko_search_wordlist` VALUES ('nausicaä', 114769, 0);". This fixed the problem, but then I got another similar error for a different word (the word was "uber"). So I suppose I could perform a Find/Replace of "INSERT INTO `haruko_search_wordlist`" with "REPLACE INTO `haruko_search_wordlist`" and see if that works.
                          I tried this, and it seemed to work, but towards the end of the restore, I got another similar error:

Error at the line 1594700: INSERT INTO `haruko_spelling_words` VALUES (55033, 0x656e74726563f4746573, 'ENTRKTS');
                          Query: INSERT INTO `haruko_spelling_words` VALUES (55033, 0x656e74726563f4746573, 'ENTRKTS');

MySQL: Duplicate entry 'entrec' for key 2

Comment

Then set the compatibility mode when using phpMyAdmin when grabbing the source initially for the versioin, and set the charset in bigdump.php when using it to restore.

bigdump.php :
                            PHP Code:
                            // Connection character set should be the same as the dump file character set (utf8, latin1, cp1251, koi8r etc.)
                            // See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-charsets.html for the full list

$db_connection_charset ''
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                              Then set the compatibility mode when using phpMyAdmin when grabbing the source initially for the versioin, and set the charset in bigdump.php when using it to restore.

bigdump.php :
                              PHP Code:
                              // Connection character set should be the same as the dump file character set (utf8, latin1, cp1251, koi8r etc.)
                              // See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-charsets.html for the full list

$db_connection_charset ''
                              Sorry, I don't know what you mean by compatibility mode.
                              Last edited by Saintv1; Fri 21 Dec '07, 2:07pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X