Trying to import but............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to import but............

I am trying to import all posts, users etc from my old phpbb2 board using the Impex system. I have followed the vbulletin manual and have uploaded impex, I have moved the file cpnav_impex.xml to the includes/xml directory, I have renamed the config file and edited the config file. Unfortunately when I go to to the import I get

Error 404 - File Not Found

The file you are trying to reach could not be found on the server.
    Please make sure that you type the URL correctly.

If you are the webmaster of this website and you believe that this error should not be shown for this URL, please read the three most common reasons that can lead to error 404:
    1. The link on your website that leads to page Error 404 is not spelled correctly. Please make sure that the links on your website are spelled correctly. The links are also case sensitive, so if there is a difference between the capital letters you use in the name of the file and in the link on your website this can lead to Error 404.
    2. The content you are trying to reach is actually not uploaded We strongly recommend that you check if the page that is supposed to be reached is uploaded on the right location. The right location is usually the public_html directory for your main website or a subdirectory within the public_html directory for a subdomain or other folder.
    3. Some SEF/SEO (search engine friendly) functionality of your application was not properly set up. If you use open source applications like Joomla, Mambo etc. make sure you have re-named the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess. If there is already a non-empty .htaccess file read it and make sure the necessary rules are un-commented.
    I am very technically challenged so can only guess that I have done everything right,?? I'm obviously doing something wrong but can't for the life of me see what. I would be grateful if someone could help me out.

Thank you in advance.

I'd guess that you've uploaded the impex/ folder to the wrong place, it has to be in the vBulletin folder, same place that admincp/ and includes/ are.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks Jerry, I did have it uploaded to the wrong place. I have put that right now, so thank you for that. However after putting the file in the correct place, and logging onto my admincp I get this error message on the left hand column.

Fatal Error Could not open /home/theparro/public_html/vbullet/includes/xml/cpnav_vbulletin.xml

Comment

That is a standard vBulletin file, sounds like you have a broken install at the moment, that file should/has to be there.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks for the answer Jerry.

well after a good nights sleep, I have looked again, and it seems that somehow I moved the cpnav_vbulletin.xml file, This has now been put back to the right place. Unfortunately I am still getting the error 404 message.

Thanks
          Last edited by havenfriends; Sat 8 Dec '07, 2:19am.

Comment

404 when selecting ImpEx from the menu ? It can't be in the correct folder then.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment